Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
I posted the Volusia County Fairground campground promoter as Jam On promotions. I was wrong. Jam On has a the swap meet and campground on Tomoka Farms Rd. near International Speedway Blvd.

The promoter at the Volusia fairgrounds is: Fastlane promotions.
I am sorry if this caused any confusion.

·
German Rider
1,512 Posts
That would be nice.
But you may be meeting two of us, my wife is also an Indian rider.

See you in March
No problem, if we meet you would 8 germans.
3 male Indian riders + 2 female Indian riders
2 Harley guys
1 Kawi guy

So, can you handle this ?

Still hoping that the border would be re-opened. If not, their will be 8 sad people....

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
88 Posts
We got a notice on 1/6/21 that there will be no Bike Week in nearly 80 years.
We need to get away and Bike Week was our way of coping with the dark, cold and depressing winters here in the Rust Belt.

Anyone from the frozen north planning to go to the Keys instead?
We value your suggestions for full hook up RV campgrounds in the Keys and places to go when we get there.

Thank you in advance for all of your input.
if is does get cancelled or you ever end up in the Keys make sure you stop by Mrs Mac’s restaurant in Key Largo. There are two of them- make sure you go to the ORIGINAL. It’s on the right while headed south on Route 1 Great food and atmosphere Best key lime pie by far and the alligator sausage isn’t too bad.
My wife loves going to the turtle rescue hospital. I think it’s on Marathon Key
In Key West, make sure to visit the southern most marker and, of course, Jimmy Buffets - not the best cheeseburger I’ve had but pretty good.

Enjoy!! Hope you make it back safe

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
No problem, if we meet you would 8 germans.
3 male Indian riders + 2 female Indian riders
2 Harley guys
1 Kawi guy

So, can you handle this ?

Still hoping that the border would be re-opened. If not, their will be 8 sad people....

Cu,
Sven
Well that would probably get me to jog my memory to speak Platdeutch (our family dialect) again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If we all go (wife and I are going) then it is on! If no one goes, it is cancelled. Bottom line, we will be there one way or the other. We will not live in fear, and we will not stay home because someone (government) said we should. We have booked our condo and I hope to see lots of people there.

·
German Rider
1,512 Posts
If we all go (wife and I are going) then it is on! If no one goes, it is cancelled. Bottom line, we will be there one way or the other. We will not live in fear, and we will not stay home because someone (government) said we should. We have booked our condo and I hope to see lots of people there.
Where ?

Maybe we all should make up a day and time to meet & great the whole Indian group there.

Just a suggestion.....

Cu,
Sven

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
Still a bit early to come up with a meet up date.
Still watching the C19 events. That may have more of an effect on the Bike Week events.

We were there last year when it was shut down early by the State of Florida.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm down here in Daytona and all indications are that Bike Week is still on. That said, at the time of this writing, the City (Daytona Beach) has not yet announced whether or not they will issue vendor permits in Daytona Beach proper. Even in they don't, all the bars on Main Street (Dirty Harry's, Boot Hill Saloon, Froggy's, Main Street Station) are, and will be, open. I rode out to The Iron Horse Saloon for lunch a couple weeks ago and they're open and expecting a horde of bikers. I also rode by The Broken Spoke and it looked like they were preparing for Bike Week. Hotels are filling and Cackleberry Camp Ground (across from Cabbage Patch) is likewise taking reservations. IF Biden calls for a national shut down, Gov. DeSantis has already stated that he's not shutting Florida down ever again. Now, you may be prevented from leaving your present location by local law enforcement, but otherwise there's gonna be a LOT of bikers rolling into town for Bike Week 2021.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We (wife and I) have been going to Daytona since 1988,....our end of winter celebration and early vacation.
But as of 1/6/21 we were informed by Jam On Promotions that they are canceling all camping reservations due to the State and Volusia county not allowing the Rally to happen.
I believe in taking precautions but, this may be just going a bit too far.
So we are now planning on going down to the Keys.
Anyone else planning on riding and camping in the Keys.

We welcome any suggestions for a good full hook up RV campground. In the previous years we've spent up to $550 per week to camp at the county fairgrounds, but there was good security and concerts, swap meets, bike shows, farmers markets and other activities within the county fairgrounds to campers like us.

We always met with old friends from the entire country at the county fairgrounds and at Cabbage Patch saloon and the city of DeLand kickoff event. Hoping that the new destination will offer similar familiarities.
Hey brother
This probably not exactly what you're looking for, but Fort Jefferson, in the Dry Tortugas allows overnight primitive camping. You can take a ferry from Key West (three hours) or take the sea plane (25 min). For just one night you can find someplace to leave the bike that is covered and secure at the airport. For the rest of the week there are several campgrounds on the island.

·
German Rider
1,512 Posts
I am out !

A few hours ago, I got an email from British airways, that they cancel all the flights from our group from Hannover via London to Miami and back due to the closed United States border and the newly restrictions for Great Britain itself, when we would change planes.

So, now we have 8 very sad people here in germany, but we wish all, who could attend the bike week lots of fun, safe riding and stay healthy.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to hear that brother. I'm American and had a similar trip planed with six of my friends from England in July 2020. I was supposed to pick them up in Chicago, pick up their rental bikes in Ottowa and then spend a couple days on our farm before heading to Deadwood, SD to stay for a week in a cabin while day tripping to Mt. Rushmore, Needles Highway, the Badlands, etc. Then the covid thing screwed us all. My friends got their money back from BA and I got the rental fee back from the owners of the cabin, but Air BNB screwed me on the booking and cleaning fee. (they suck in my opinion.
Anyway, we had 8 very sad people as well. 9another Yank was going with as well. 2020 needs a do-over.

·
German Rider
1,512 Posts
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

·
Administrator
14,732 Posts

41 - 60 of 84 Posts