Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60 days owning this RM & now Polaris offers Harley Davidson riders another grand off of anything other than the scout. Go Figure! Ever have one of them moments when the coffee spews all over because of something you just read? Well I'm cleaning the keyboard right now.......WTH!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
image.jpg

Anyone who's truly pissed off by the $1000 deal should go for a long relaxing ride on their Indian, then go home and take a look in the mirror at the size of your smile.

If you're still peed off, take a pill, put on ya diaper, and check in to the Old Folks Home....

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
When i purchased my Chieftain in June, i needed to get my deposit in before the end of the month as the free jacket promotion ended. I am happy with the bike and the jacket! How many times have we purchased something and within two weeks it was on sale? Bet it happens to everyone!

·
Founding member
686 Posts
60 days owning this RM & now Polaris offers Harley Davidson riders another grand off of anything other than the scout. Go Figure! Ever have one of them moments when the coffee spews all over because of something you just read? Well I'm cleaning the keyboard right now.......WTH!!
Yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one this happens too. I'll bet there are hundreds more.

·
2,039 Posts
Good morning,

Well, you know how it goes, whatever you buy, you will, a short time later, see it for less. That's life.

On a happier note, yesterday I received a check for $1,000 as my veteran's rebate on my Chieftain! That's life too.

Some days the b'ar eats you - some days you eats the b'ar...

Enjoy your great Indian motorcycle!

--- Randall

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
When i purchased my Chieftain in June, i needed to get my deposit in before the end of the month as the free jacket promotion ended. I am happy with the bike and the jacket! How many times have we purchased something and within two weeks it was on sale? Bet it happens to everyone!
That Never happens..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Good morning,

Well, you know how it goes, whatever you buy, you will, a short time later, see it for less. That's life.

On a happier note, yesterday I received a check for $1,000 as my veteran's rebate on my Chieftain! That's life too.

--- Randall
Thank You for Serving our Country!!! All Vetrans Deserve that $1000. Even though it's just a Small token of Appreciation You All Deserve it!!! Thanks Again for Serveing!!! God Bless You!!

·
4,503 Posts
Polaris has a huge amount of money invested in reviving the Indian brand. I imagine in order to keep moving forward with new models, more options and a quality motorcycle line that can compete in the market they need to use enticements such as this. I think every major manufacturer does this is some way, shape or form. The more bikes they sell the better off the brand will be as well as the customer base because we will see the product refined and improved often. It happens to us all, buy something one day and two days later the same item is on sale. I just take my lumps and rather than get all excited about it, I go take the RM out for a nice ride...or if the weather is crappy I go out and dust it off and admire the bike for what it is, an awesome piece of machinery! Have a great day and ride safe.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
Don't feel bad everyone. Even with that lure it will be 2016 before I can jump in. Can I say hold that till then? Didn't think so. All kinds of losers.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Randall, good for you! Im sure you will use the rebate wisely!
As for all the present military and past veterans, many thanks ! I personally have the highest respect for all and the sacrifices made to keep the freedom we share today! Ride safe!

·
Registered
234 Posts
View attachment 4739

Anyone who's truly pissed off by the $1000 deal should go for a long relaxing ride on their Indian, then go home and take a look in the mirror at the size of your smile.

If you're still peed off, take a pill, put on ya diaper, and check in to the Old Folks Home....
Mate, I hope that not you in the pic ;)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Well, if it means anything getting my soon to be Roadmaster, it rides so much better, handles so much better and is about $10,000.00 to $12,000.00 less then that 1903 Icon.

·
1,956 Posts
Mate, I hope that not you in the pic ;)
Nope, that's not me,,,, I'm the guy who throws the food through the door to him at meal times (IF I'm home from riding my Vintage)

·
2,039 Posts
Randall, good for you! Im sure you will use the rebate wisely!
As for all the present military and past veterans, many thanks ! I personally have the highest respect for all and the sacrifices made to keep the freedom we share today! Ride safe!
Well, during my 4-year hitch I saw exotic central Illinois (Chanute AFB, Rantoul) and deepest, darkest south San Antonio (Kelly AFB), but I had fun and was happy and proud to serve my country.

Thanks for y'all's kind remarks --- Randall

·
Registered
733 Posts
My concern would be will Indian riders be invited to the crusher when all those traded Hogs celebrate more than a year on the dealers lot without any interest. If polaris really does their homework that is a real possibility.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good morning,

--- Randall
How long did that take? I never heard back since I filed for it.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
My concern would be will Indian riders be invited to the crusher when all those traded Hogs celebrate more than a year on the dealers lot without any interest. If polaris really does their homework that is a real possibility.
That's interesting that you make that kind of comment, because back in the day Harley put out a deal where anyone brought in an Indian for trade at a Harley dealership they were told to have the mechanics take them out back and smash the bikes up to smithereens.
Maybe if those H-D could be sold, they could be sold for scrap?
Nah, let's just do it the polite way and show that Indian is doing great and people are just not that interested in owning a H-D anymore.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thought that was my tongue and cheek way of saying just that. If polaris is successfull alot of Milwaukee Iron will be sitting around, but maybe I didn't say it well.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
View attachment 4739

Bluey mate you have let your self go you have put on weight please mate more riding the Indian less burgers & shakes??CLACK,CLACK

1 - 20 of 25 Posts