Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
As people start to pick up bikes it would be interesting to know when your deposit and or payment in full was made. And the date you picked up your bike (which model would be appreciated.). Thanks to all who can add to this thread. It will give me hope as I wait for my Chieftain.

My dealer said this week only those who put money down before the reveal have taken delivery.

For those already with a bike..........Keep sharing with the rest of us.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Deposit placed on May 17....bike ordered on August 6. I will be picking up red Vintage #772 from the Lincoln dealership tomorrow...October 12.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
My dealer was given the invoice to my bike today, so it should be arriving any day now. I ordered a Red Chief Classic, w/ Stage 1, Fishtail Exhaust, Windshield, Driver and Passenger backrests. $23,604 after tax, title, discounts... I placed the order on August 12th, and I should recieve #1214

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Made the deal August 8th, paid in full August 13th, picked her up October 8th.

Edit : #718 off the line

Thought I should post the pick up day

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Placed my order for a Blue Chieftain on 8-10 with $1000 deposit. Received it on 10-3, #778 from Indian of Scottsdale.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered a black Chieftain Aug 11th. Was delivered to the dealership Oct 2nd. #918 from Gregory Polaris in Arkansas. Paid MSRP. Dealer waived frieght and set-up. $1000 deposit was unrefundable. Very glad to have done business with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I have made my deposit on 8/5 and the bike came to my NC delaer last week. He got so many bikes in that he told me it might take two weeks to get them ready. Have a red Chief Classic coming, #998 and paid 20340, all in. Hope to get some additional discounts when I pick it up for the long wait. Already know I will get an Indian leather jacket from the dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Last week, Thursday, a fellow rode up on a Chief Vintage (709 I think it was) we fell in love with it. My partner called Gregory Polaris as soon as the guy left on it. They had ONE left to sell. It was a Red Vintage. He put down his $1000 deposit then went to pick up a cashiers check for the rest, and we sent a friend of ours up to pick up the bike that night. Next day he took delivery of his new Vintage. This all happened over the phone and it was as easy as ordering a pizza! He got #597.
When our buddy got there they had a store front full of Indians that were already bought and paid for just waiting to be picked up. The bike we now have sitting in the shop was going to be their show room model.
Would be nice to know how long any of these bikes will be sitting on the show room floor before they leave and how many of the sales worked out 100% over the phone like his.
Seems to be a pretty high demand item. BTW what was displayed on the bike builder page is what he paid.
EASY

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
I got the call from Gregory Polaris in Jacksonville, AR - #1167 Thunder Black Vingtage has been assigned to my 8/30 pre-order & is ready to ship!

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Placed a depost on the 5th of August first people in the door. Still waiting for delievery, dealer gave me the VIN, but later called to tell me the truck broke down. Hopefully it will come in this next week. The last four of the VIN is 1137, on a Red Chief Vintage.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17

I finally got to bring my baby home today #1214

I only had enough time to put 20 miles on it today, but am pretty sure I am going to be 'sick' tomorrow at work, so I should get some more saddle time. Weather is supposed to be in the 50-60s this weekend. The windshield on the Classic helps a WHOLE lot compared to my demo ride.

G

·
Discussion Starter #18

I placed my deposit on July 4th, rode to Sturgis for the unvieling, rode in the first group of 20 demo riders, verbally cofirmed my order that day, officially confirmed my order on August 7th, picked up Vintage #580 on October 11th in Lincoln, NE. Made it home to the Pacific Northwest on the 14th!

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Dealer pre-ordered several bikes, including mine, on Aug 9th

I put my deposit down on Aug 23. truth be told, I didnt put any money down. Traded my old bike in, that was the 'deposit', but I rode it until the day I picked the new one up.

Picked up #327, black Chieftain, on Oct 16

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Made my deposit on 8-30, and the dealership called today to let me know #1352 (Red Vintage) will be ready for pick up as early as tomorrow. Will probably be going to get her on Halloween - just because!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts