Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok have a problem on my wife's 2015 Chieftain . We recently took our Chieftains in for the recall fix and ever since my wife's 2015 dash readout has been intermittently dimming in and out and even going black ! My 16 is fine . So I was wondering if anyone has had the same after the fix ? Before hand it was fine , I know they had to hook it up to the computer. Before they even touched them I made sure since I have tuners on both that it would not change anything in that regard and was assured it would not ! I guess I'm just curious to if it's happened before but I will be calling them Tuesday to get it back down there and looked at !

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
5,043 Posts
Check the connector to the screen. It might have loosened up a pinch...

Reactions: RedCloud

·
Registered
142 Posts
recently had an issue on my 2015 Chieftain with the switches not working properly, turned out to be an issue with the wiring in the bars. I had the bars replaced after about 6 months, I started having issues. I had some wiring jacket get rub and showing bare wires, this caused the signal to not be consistent - At first I had no clue, I took it to the shop and it took them a week to find the issue.

I know this is not the exact issue you have, but check the wires in the bars and coming out of the console on the tank, there could be a bare wire causing the issue...

·
Rider
1,311 Posts
And just to make it more interesting, I was having similar issues with 17 DH Chieftain and it ended up being the VCM.

BD

Reactions: RedCloud

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks my friends . I hope it's not the VCM or thats going to cost me $$$$. It has actually gotten worse since I posted now she said the radio has started cut out intermittently along with the dash. It's not effecting the lights or the gages " yet" . I have a appointment on the 28th to take it to the dealership if I can't fix it by then . Unfortunately my lift in my shop has a Polaris 4 wheeler on it half torn apart " I pulled the cam thinking it was the problem but it was Perfict . Not having a good summer with bikes lol. I will post what was causing the Chieftain's problems when I get it fixed just in case someone else has the problem . Thanks again

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts