Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I got spoiled with the 3-pocket pouch behind the windshield om my old Ultra. Miss the convenient storage for sun glasses, phone, etc. Has anyone found an aftermarket bag or fabricated one that will fit the dash on a Chieftain and not interfere with windshield movement?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Try horndawgleather,com

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is a place in the faring on the right side just under the handle bars. It is supposed to be for i-phone/mp3 player. It is supposed to have a usb port that has to be installed by the dealer. it is a pocket with a nylon case in it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
There is a place in the faring on the right side just under the handle bars. It is supposed to be for i-phone/mp3 player. It is supposed to have a usb port that has to be installed by the dealer. it is a pocket with a nylon case in it.
Mine came with the female USB connector and the pouch. It looks something like this:
sku_205901_3.jpg

All I had to do was plug in a standard USB patch cord to connect it to my Android phone. I've never owned an iPhone or iPad so I'm not sure if it would work with them as delivered but I don't see any reason it wouldn't.

Page 146 of the manual makes me think the cord is on all the bikes and shouldn't need anything dealer installed. You may have to fish around in there to find it though.

USB Connector
A USB connector cord is located on the right side of the lower front fairing. A pouch is provided to hold your device while operating. This pouch is padded and tethered to the fairing to securely hold your device.
Tip: Device-to USB adapters are not supplied with motorcycle and must be purchased separately. Reference device owner’s manual for USB accessory adapter information.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this small magnetic pouch at a flea market for 7 bucks. Works great for holding the small things that would normally live in a windshield pouch.; cell phone, garage door opener, toll booth change, pen and paper, etc Easy to pop on and off. Also doubles as a cover when the sun gets the chrome dash to reflecting in the windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check out Monoprice.com for a 4" USB plug that works great for hooking up a phone in that compartment. It can play though USB or Bluetooth and charge your phone as you tide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts