Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
German Rider
2,394 Posts
Haven’t seen anyone post on how to remove the broken clip. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!
Small pliers or small screwdriver from the Side....Look at a new one and you will See how ist is hold down.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: seanmclainbrown

·
German Rider
2,394 Posts
I’m going to attempt to fabricate a solution using super strong multipolar magnetic strips. I’ll update on how it goes after I receive the magnets. Here’s what I’m going to try to use: Kraftex Magnetic Tape [5pk, 1ft x 160mil] Kraftex Magnetic Tape [5pk, 1ft x 160mil] Magnet Strips with Adhesive Backing. Heavy Duty and Strong Magnet Tape for Crafts, Mounting Tools and DIY. Magnetic Strips with Super Sticky Back: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
I will stay with the cheapo Aftermarket Ines from the link. No hobby Job, cutting, etc. they are only a few bucks, so.....one in a while wohnt get me poor. Always one or two as a spare on the Bike.

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: FutureE9

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought spares and keep them handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I replaced mine yesterday......seems like a little arm breaks off every year. If someone takes 5 minutes......they are taking too long. It's a 5 second job. Grab the broken one with small needle nose pliers , slight twist as you pull it straight up and out. Pop the new one in.
Sugarcane, 27.3mm non-magnetic mini touch latch
ESN-195-3. $3.44 each
I bought 2 dozen as this seems like a "forever problem "

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ive never had an issue with mine. My phone (S8) with Outer box BARELY fits in there so I put it in the tank pouch or trunk.
Those of you that have broken it, how is that happening? Normal closing, over filled and forcing it?
It is very chintzy in design and function.
I use the iPhone 7, smaller phone so the cable doesn’t leave the box. I plug the phone in to listen to music on Spotify. Clips break off from normal opening/closing. Just a piss poor job of engineering

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would dare say there would be a lot of us that have had their Dash Glove Box Clip snap or brake like I had.
It is covered under warranty . Surely there would be a better way to design these, such as a magnet or similar . Even using a key would be better than the silly little soft plastic bit that is a common fault from what I understand. I know I did not pay for this ,however I seen the invoice for the warranty claim and that was $90.00 AUD for a 5 min job. I know the labour would be the best part of this and the dealerships would charge a min amount of time but wow this must be costing Indian/Polaris heaps. I would be redesigning it and retro fitting the new parts to safe a lot of money. Just thought I would put it out there and see who has had the same problem. I also understand by redesigning something like this and retro fitting it may cost more than it is worth. But the future bikes would benefit .

View attachment 476250 View attachment 476252
I just rerouted my USB cable out the bottom, added a USB extension to my phone mount and problem solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tout ce qu'ils sont, ce sont des clips de fermeture d'armoire. Un de mes amis a également un RM et les deux nôtres se sont cassés. Il en a donc commandé 6 dans un cabinet, qui s'adaptent et fonctionnent bien, probablement mieux que les originaux indiens. Ceux-ci coûtaient 0,49 $ chacun et les Indiens voulaient 2,98 $ chacun!
[/CITATION]

Bonjour commander aussi jai eu le même souci hier, Brunommt727

·
Bronze member
1,947 Posts
I need pics of the springs on the lid for s
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Blue

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

pring positioning.

·
Rider
'17 Springfield, '20 Chieftain
1,819 Posts
Here's a picture of mine that I took last year. Your picture is missing the hinge pin on the right and the rotation damper that goes on the pin.
My lid like many has warped a little up on the front edge. I heated and warped it back a couple of times, but got tired of doing so. I have since moved my spring to the right side so that it applies force more towards the center of the lid. By dong so, you can no longer insert the damper, but that is OK with me.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Grille

·
Bronze member
1,923 Posts
Where can I purchase from? Which supplier.
Its been many years. You'll need to google to find that Sugatune part number. I believe it was through Ali Baba. Someone on the forum bought a 100 I believe and we bought from him/her for a few bucks.

start here:

I believe that these two springs are way too strong. I would try using only one. That's why the lid buckles on the ends.

·
German Rider
2,394 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,923 Posts

·
Rider
846 Posts
My latch broke yesterday.. ordered one on amazon for 30 bucks and some change.. Its actually coming from an Indian Stealership.. Then i googled the part numbers on the bottom and found this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKFHWZI/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A35X3GS59396Q6&th=1 10 bucks!!
The cabinet site the above comment mentioned. Search this forum. I don’t know the site but I ordered 10 of them for. 3 bucks a piece a couple years ago. Figured it would last the rest of my life. Same exact latch as factory.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
49 Posts
101 - 120 of 131 Posts