81 - 100 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

Sugatsune 27.3mm Non-Magnetic Mini Touch Latch ESN-195-3.1
Brand: Sugatsune
Product Code: ESN-195-3.1
$3.44 $4.05
here is picture of the indian one and this new one perfect fit.

·
Bronze member
1,162 Posts

Sugatsune 27.3mm Non-Magnetic Mini Touch Latch ESN-195-3.1
Brand: Sugatsune
Product Code: ESN-195-3.1
$3.44 $4.05
here is picture of the indian one and this new one perfect fit.
I just wish they would mail for less than $30.00 CDN, otherwise I would buy some

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I just wish they would mail for less than $30.00 CDN, otherwise I would buy some
It was almost the same for me, shipping to an APO address is always Priority Mail. That's why I have a whole bag of them...had to justify the shipping, lol.

Reactions: Demolition Man

·
Registered
46 Posts
All they are, are cabinet closure clips. A friend of mine also has a RM and both of ours broke. So he ordered 6 from a cabinet place, the fit and work well, probably better than Indians originals. These were $.49 each and Indian wanted $2.98 each!

·
Registered
23 Posts
All they are, are cabinet closure clips. A friend of mine also has a RM and both of ours broke. So he ordered 6 from a cabinet place, the fit and work well, probably better than Indians originals. These were $.49 each and Indian wanted $2.98 each!
Please let us know where your friend managed to find these for $.49 each...the cheapest I've been able to find is $3.44 each. Indian is actually asking $24.29 each which in my opinion is highway robbery for such a cheap little plastic part.

·
Registered
99 Posts

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to thank you. I also becme victim to the latch breaking and used your reference to buy 10 of them. {it helped with justifying the shipping costs} Received them in under a week.
Ride safe!

Ed

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
Mine lasted for 3 years 48k miles. Had to close the lid up with 100 mile an hour tape for a day while on a x-country trip out to the Carolinas. A 5 min job to replace. It looks like the Challenger has the same part in their fairing cubby holes.

·
Rider
1,156 Posts
Yeah $22 is a little steep but at least it has moving parts. $40 for a piece of cheap plastic with no moving parts, the end cap off of a grip.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too just replaced mine after 5 months and 5200 miles. You do not need to remove the two screws. Just pull out broken clip with needle nose pliers. I pre-purchased mine last month knowing it would eventually break. Post 37 has the correct Sugatsune 27.3 MM part. I paid $14.00 including freight for two of these. Probably should've bought a dozen or more.
Hopefully one of us will find a better metal solution for this cheapest of all Indian parts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a new source for those clips? The links all posted here no longer seem to work unless someone can redirect me. I did a bit of “searching” on one site but due to lack of knowledge on the part, they all looked the same so I didn’t purchase any. Any assistance to locate a website or link Is much appreciated. Thanks.

Side note … I know Grainger sells them but at $5-$6 a pop plus shipping, I’m hoping to procure a better source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m going to attempt to fabricate a solution using super strong multipolar magnetic strips. I’ll update on how it goes after I receive the magnets. Here’s what I’m going to try to use: Kraftex Magnetic Tape [5pk, 1ft x 160mil] Kraftex Magnetic Tape [5pk, 1ft x 160mil] Magnet Strips with Adhesive Backing. Heavy Duty and Strong Magnet Tape for Crafts, Mounting Tools and DIY. Magnetic Strips with Super Sticky Back: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I too just replaced mine after 5 months and 5200 miles. You do not need to remove the two screws. Just pull out broken clip with needle nose pliers. I pre-purchased mine last month knowing it would eventually break. Post 37 has the correct Sugatsune 27.3 MM part. I paid $14.00 including freight for two of these. Probably should've bought a dozen or more.
Hopefully one of us will find a better metal solution for this cheapest of all Indian parts

81 - 100 of 131 Posts