Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per the title, just received and installed my Dart Marlin screen. I haven't seen much talk about this particular screen so I thought I would give my quick thoughts after doing a little test ride with it.

Overall the screen is very effective at taking the wind off your chest while leaving your head clear and free from buffeting. There is some slight buffeting when doing around 110-120KMH, but it is very minimal and might just be me noticing the wind more as I'm consciously looking for it lol. I'm no longer being ripped back when turning the throttle either, and travelling at high speeds feels fine. You can feel the "air bubble" it provides by waving your hand in front of your chest. I'm 5'9" and find the air seems to come out just below my helmet now, or above my neck slightly. I have the screen installed to its max height, though you can adjust it down about an inch or so.

Aesthetically I'm very very happy with this screen. I have the dark tint and think it looks like it was made for the bike more than the OEM indian screens.

I would recommend this screen to anyone looking for a small screen to keep the wind off your chest, without a full screen that looks somewhat odd on the bike.
20190504_105722.jpg
20190504_105717.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Juicetin: I cannot agree more to your comments on the Marlin Flyscreen. Had one first on my Bonnie T100 and then it was one of the first mods on my Scout Sixty. Looks great and works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another very happy Marlin Flyscreen owner here. I have the smaller Classic Flyscreen, but echo all you have said.
The build quality and fit and finish are second to none.
Easy to install too.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can you guys list the link where you bought this ? I like the look of this screen and it seems from the comments very effective !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
855 Posts
I am 5' 11" and on my Scout 60 (with an AirHawk cushion) I find it works pretty well. Wind hits me at collarbone level.

I have a Memphis Shades Rel Rio, which looks like it should work great, but provides less protection from buffeting and makes the bike feel unstable, for me at least. So I am back with the Marlin. Yeah, it looks cool, but performance is what matters and why I have it back on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi folks, I just put a Dart Marlin on my 19 Scout; really does make a difference. I'm guessing maybe 2/3 - 3/4 of the strong wind and gusts just disappear. Makes the ride much more enjoyable. You can mount them anywhere on the top part of the forks. I'm wondering if I can find a set of decent driving lights that I can mount directly below where the shield is mounted; haven't found any yet....

·
Registered
283 Posts
Anyone have the piranha flyscreen? Was curious if the smaller one worked well too?

·
Rider
360 Posts
I upgraded from the Classic to the Marlin. Both are good. Classic is for sale if anyone is interested. I'll take $50 for it (excellent condition), complete with mounting, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
D
I upgraded from the Classic to the Marlin. Both are good. Classic is for sale if anyone is interested. I'll take $50 for it (excellent condition), complete with mounting, etc.
does the classic fit the Bobber? Can you post or PM a picture?

Thanks

·
Rider
360 Posts
I do not see the Bobber listed on the Dart website... so possibly not. It would be up to you to decide the fit, as I don't have a Bobber to test it. There are literally a zillion pictures on their website. The one I have is in perfect, near-new condition. No scratches or dings at all. SOLD!

·
Registered
578 Posts
agree with all! I have the DART Marlin, and helps keep wind fatigue off you especially over 65MPH.
great product for solid price! and super easy on and off if you want the go back to the "naked" look for back roads.

·
Registered
33 Posts
20190515_153453.jpg love it. Easy to install, took a little jaunt on highway. At highway speeds up to 80 it did not alleviate all wind, but it did significantly ease wind on chest and air hit me at about chin height. Buffeting all but alleviated, air at head now clean. Much more comfortable to ride. Not meant to eliminate all wind but frankly I like some wind. Great choice and thanks for all the reviews and comments on this Marlin by all.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That’s good to know , and exactly what I hope to get when mine comes in too.

I love the look as it does not take anything away from the bike itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think I'll take it Mattyboy. Is there a way to private message on this site? I use HCS for snowmobiles and you can PM people for things like this. Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I ordered one last week. I cant wait to get it. Are they a forum sponsor? They should be... this place is selling a lot of product for them.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts