Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
I agree, have it on my Bonneville and this was the first mod I did on my Scout 60
D82148A2-BC75-4E6C-A586-A5AE728021D8.jpeg

Reactions: Qbanindian

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not sure why you add a frigging single picture and it posts it twice - I hate the new site! ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I'm 5'3" and looking to do multistate rides on the interstate at about 80mph and I'm in the market for a windshield. I do like the look of this shield but how does it hold up at speed and distance?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm 5'6" and the Marlin windscreen directs the wind to my neck area relieving most of the pressure on my chest. I find it comfortable up to about 75 mph.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Before I got my fairing, I did 10,000 miles behind the Marlin, mostly up and down I-95 and US-1. The Marlin is great. Just enough to take the wind off my chest, but without buffeting, speed wobble, or acting like a sail when trucks pass by.

Windshields and fairings can get expensive and then they either don't work or they cause new problems. Bang-for-buck I think the Marlin is tops and for a few hundred dollars will give you 90% of the performance of any of the more expensive options.

I've got a Marlin in light tint that I'm not using, if you're interested PM me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought one of their “scratch/dent” models for $70 plus shipping. Very minor and hard to see scratch and no dents. I’m experimenting with a 1/2” spacer in the top mounting points to redirect the air over my head by tilting the screen forward at the top. It is reducing the wind noise to my helmet so far. I wish I had access to a wind tunnel to better fine tune the angle of the screen. I’m 5’8” so a little tilt forward pushed the wind from my face to the top of my head.

Tim

Reactions: Old Kentucky Guy

·
Rider
1,145 Posts
I bought one of their “scratch/dent” models for $70 plus shipping. Very minor and hard to see scratch and no dents. I’m experimenting with a 1/2” spacer in the top mounting points to redirect the air over my head by tilting the screen forward at the top. It is reducing the wind noise to my helmet so far. I wish I had access to a wind tunnel to better fine tune the angle of the screen. I’m 5’8” so a little tilt forward pushed the wind from my face to the top of my head.

Tim
And.....what are you using for spacers?
I'm 5'11" and I am happy with the Marlin, but open to tweaking it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
White pLastic spacers from TSC (tractor supply company) painted black. You will also need a longer screw at the top.

Tim
5FE7254F-3AD7-4C2C-9AC2-F352163B2341.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Am interested to hear if this helps any. Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello. I'm 5'3" and looking to do multistate rides on the interstate at about 80mph and I'm in the market for a windshield. I do like the look of this shield but how does it hold up at speed and distance?
I have one on my 2018 Scout. I like it a lot. It does a good job with wind buffeting up to about 75. Much over that speed and the wind starts getting a little rough. I think it may have something to do with the helmet you wear, too. I feel more buffeting with my Shoei RF-SF than my JHC Max II at 80 plus mph. I’m 5’ 10” BTW.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts