Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. I forgot to do my waist belt on my old Beck jacket and the buckle put a nice scratch down to the primer. I've got an Indian Red and I was wondering if anyone has tried the touch up pen from Touch Up Direct here Indian Scout - Indian Red - IND001 | TouchUpDirect

If you used it, was the color match OK? Has anyone found better?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, after searching and not finding a thread this popped up once I created mine. Here is an existing thread on TouchUpDirect's touch up pens. Paint touch up?

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Well, it finally happened. I forgot to do my waist belt on my old Beck jacket and the buckle put a nice scratch down to the primer. I've got an Indian Red and I was wondering if anyone has tried the touch up pen from Touch Up Direct here Indian Scout - Indian Red - IND001 | TouchUpDirect

If you used it, was the color match OK? Has anyone found better?
Yes, have used. Someone or something hit my rear guard/fender, small dent and black undercoat paint showing. Followed instructions almost, and it turned out OK. Unless I told you, you probably would not notice it. Have not been bold enough to do the tank scratch yet. It would be a little more obvious.
Alpal
Vehicle Classic Classic car Car Antique car

Repair from a distance,.....

Vehicle Red Automotive lighting Car Automotive tail & brake light

Chip was down to almost bare metal so a number of coats were required. I should have prepared the surface more but all in all, very happy with results and the touch up paint product. I can even get it for my 20 year old Intruder!
Alpal

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I have used it on a chip and the color was spot on.... your expertise with painting and polishing will have a lot to do with the final results.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I have used it on my silver Scout. I also found the color spot on.
As @RBinTEX said, your result depends much on technique, and knowledge of painting processes.
If you have those skills, you can with this product have a result that is completely invisible.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Used it on Ind red tank. Color matched but did not fill in the chipped area and can it can still be seen if I look for it. I am satisfied with my DTY only because I'm not going to be anal about it, and know and it won't be the last paint issue I'll have considering my bike will be two next week and have 38,000 miles on her.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Touchupdirect is a top notch bunch!

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
I have used it on a chip and the color was spot on.... your expertise with painting and polishing will have a lot to do with the final results.
Wholehearted agree. This was the first touch up I have ever done, hence my error in not adhering the the age old principle that EVERYTHING BUILT STRONG OR DONE WELL IS BASED ON A GOOD FOUNDATION! That is why the close up pic shows or has a gravely look to it. But I'm still happy with my first attempt and would recommend the Touch Up products to you all.
Alpal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts