Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Daggone Texas Riders

4K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  NDN 
#1 ·
OK, you guys are starting to be a major PITA! Posting photos about riding this time of the year in the Hill Country and Alpine, TX etc etc while we in the Northeast are dealing with cold and snow! (of course, some of you other Southwest guys have been pretty guilty also). :mad:

Seriously, you guys have me thinking about all kinds of crazy things I would never have considered before! Like trailering my new Scout to Texas to do the "3 Sisters" and the "Fredericksburg rally" and just tonight I learn about the 'RAT'. Then another Texas guy makes the Indian the official bike of Alpine, TX. And I found out earlier that Texas has a LOT of Indian dealers ( compared to other states). WTH!!!

I don't want to bore you all with repetition because I've mentioned briefly in a few previous posts how I rode from Fredericksburg, PA to Fredericksburg, TX in 1997 for a BMW MOA national rally and it was definitely in one of my top 5 rides of my life. I have to confess that I will always be a BMW guy BUT somehow the Indian is just so PERFECT for Texas and I can't wait to get back. When I do, I'm hoping to catch up with a few of you a for a few Texas beers.

PS. With all this said, Pennsylvania has unbelievably awesome motorcycle roads and if you're ever getting up this way, contact me. COUNTLESS miles of fantastic riding! Oh, and I'll make sure you get a few beers from America's oldest brewery - Yuengling! Great beer indeed! :cool:

PPS. Great site and great members!

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
Being from PA, there two roads you need to do. The first is Route outta Pittsburgh going east on Route 30, stop in Gettysburg, then York to the Harley factory to see how they build them, then eastward to Lancaster where the Amish live. Great ride...
Then do Route 6, it goes the whole way across PA. Known as one of the best roads to ride a motorcycle on and stop to see the Grand Canyon of PA. You can't go wrong with any of these. My area we have Rt. 40 (The National Road) Area of the French and Indian War, what a great place to bring your bike for pics...

#12 · (Edited)
I have to concur about some of the riding in PA. Use to live in the NW corner of VA. The roads around the Gettysburg and York areas were some of my favorites. I am partial to Texas though come by it honestly as I am a native. There are many beautiful areas up north of the Mason-Dixion line. I just don't know how ya'll can stand the winter cold. I'm just too much of a motorcycle junkie to give up year round riding. I am in Toluca, Mexico right now and think I'll stay a few more days. It is 19C or 66F here and sunny but I am missing my bike. Stay warm brothers and sisters. I wish you an early Spring.

#24 ·
Eight Dealers and growing in the Republic of Texas and another beautiful Sunny day out there...

God Bless Texas ..

p.s. Weekend weather is going to suck for must of us, if that makes you feel better ;)

#31 ·
By then, average temperature should be from mid to upper 70s during the day if some strange late season Arctic Blast doesn't show up. Maybe even some 80s.

---
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

#32 ·
Hi Shuje, Nice paint job!

Is that a Classic?

I saw the tan seat and was thinking about the tan seat for my Classic. But Indian does not expressly offer the tan as an alternative to the black seat. But I figure it is the same seat, with same bolts, right? TIA, Jefe
Thanks Jefe, yes it's a Classic. I had it painted by "Other Side Customs" in Dallas, I purchased the tan seat, passenger seat and tank bib at the time of sale. I still have the black seats and bib, not sure if I want to get rid of them and my dealer, Lone Star Indian, didn't want the black seats/bib.

Yes, same seats and bolt configuration.

#33 ·
I was riding this weekend. 93 and the sun was shining all
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
weekend. Would be riding today if it wasn't for working from home.

#35 ·
What brand sheepskin is that you have there NDN?
Not sure. Tag says something about fiore or something. The adress shows in Australia. And I bought off a couple old guys up in spearfish canyon. Saw the blueish fur and it fit the bike.

Reactions: Roadie
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.