Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
How about a little more effort in creating this OP?
You don't create a thread, make some generic comments (Chief? There are several models and years you know), then say find it.
Do you mean the Department of Transportation or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration?
Waste of time.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Recalls <---- click on the link for NHTSA recalls. You'll need your VIN. This is not Polairis recall search.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
How about a little more effort in creating this OP?
You don't create a thread, make some generic comments (Chief? There are several models and years you know), then say find it.
Do you mean the Department of Transportation or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration?
Waste of time.
Agreed....pretty lame post with no links to recall and or what models and years affected......

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
Recalls <---- click on the link for NHTSA recalls. You'll need your VIN. This is not Polairis recall search.
I put my VIN in there and it said my 2015 Indian Chief had no recalls. We all know that isn't true.
Or is it because I had them done already?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
The new recall is for 2018 models. Some have a bad switch and the bike may start itself if FOB is stored near the bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
May start by itself.....
I just entered my VIN and it is not part of the recall.............
Posting Date: 1/4/2018 NHTSA Notified Date: 4/10/2018 Expiration Date: 1/12/2030

NHTSA Recall Number: XXX-XXX

NHTSA Description: INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS DETERMINED THAT SOME 2018 111CI MODELS WERE MANUFACTURED WITH A RIGHT-HAND SWITCH CUBE ASSEMBLY THAT DOES NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED SWITCH CUBES MAY DEVELOP CORROSION WITHIN THE STOP/RUN/START CIRCUIT. IF THE KEY FOB IS STORED ON OR NEAR THE MOTORCYCLE AND ALL OTHER SAFETY INTERLOCKS ARE MET, THIS CONDITION COULD LEAD TO UNINTENTIONAL VEHICLE POWER-UP OR START SEQUENCE.
Here is the area where RECALLS are discussed.

http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/forums/indian-motorcycle-recalls.145/

·
Silver member
4,977 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess this what I get for posting at 4am, I had just fallen out of bed and got an e-mail.
Whatever............

·
Gold member
6,436 Posts
May start by itself.....
I just entered my VIN and it is not part of the recall.............
Yours may have been done, isn’t it used and recently bought? You can get that info from the original dealer on any recalls they may have preformed.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes...it is pre-owned, never ridden. It has 10 miles on it. Was purchased Aug. 17th and sat in a temp controlled garage on a Tender. The owner found he has cancer and could not lift it off of the sidestand.
He is now in a wheelchair..hoping he will get better....great guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts