Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there running A Stage 1 air cleaner and PVCX or PV III with either the Rush or D&D 2 into 1 ? Just wondering if your have either of these setups could you post a little Video for some sound comparison? Im really curious to see how a true 2 into 1 pipe wakes the 111 up. Im planning on the Loyds 558 or 555 Cams With the Voodoo air cleaner PV111 and either of the 2into 1 I have mentioned. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Any one out there running A Stage 1 air cleaner and PVCX or PV III with either the Rush or D&D 2 into 1 ? Just wondering if your have either of these setups could you post a little Video for some sound comparison? Im really curious to see how a true 2 into 1 pipe wakes the 111 up. Im planning on the Loyds 558 or 555 Cams With the Voodoo air cleaner PV111 and either of the 2into 1 I have mentioned. Any thoughts ?
You doing this to a Roadmaster ELITE?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’m thinking of doing the R&B Racing, haven’t seen the rush set up yet and the D&D is pretty expensive with the ghost pipe and tips.

·
Rider
497 Posts
do not use the 555 cams, very hard to tune, use 558, 570 andrews or the 585 or go for the STG 3 talk to a well known tuner about the choices

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do not use the 555 cams, very hard to tune, use 558, 570 andrews or the 585 or go for the STG 3 talk to a well known tuner about the choices
Thanks for your advice Camcycles...
Would it your best recommendation for cam with the Voodoo aircleaner Rush 2 into 1 and the PVIII ? What set up are you running? What kind of #'s did it make ? I'm not a big peak #'s dyno sheet guy . I want peak #'s across the board . I am trying to do as much research as possible before I go and do this .Any advice would be great . Thanks Bernie

·
Founding member
1,468 Posts
I've never quite understood the logic of wanting to force both exhausts into one, especially under the premise that it will wake the motor up. I converted both my 14 Chieftain and my 18 Roadmaster to true duals. I never put either one on a machine before or after to see what it had to say. But I know what I felt and heard when I got back on the seat after the change. The difference in heat is amazing. The sound was "much more like it" if you please. And I wouldn't swear on two Bibles that the bikes actually performed all that much better but it sure felt like they did. I know one thing, if i lost 1/10 of one horsepower I sure couldn't tell it. Get that cat out of there!!! Put dual exhausts on. Tune your air & fuel mixture right and you'll have a bike that not only wakes up, it will stay awake.

·
Bronze member
1,708 Posts
The logic of a well designed 2-1 is in the scavenging. It is the optimal design as long as you get the location of the merge collector right.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That D&D system is shockingly expensive! However, I did have a D&D Fat Cat 2-1 installed on my '09 Dyna. That 2-1 system is a great way to squeeze every bit of performance from that motor with a stock throttle body and cams. It's the scavenging that makes all the difference. I have been waiting for D&D to produce a system for Indian but it appears that I will be waiting a much longer time to get a system for my bike.

Aesthetically speaking, the sound that comes out of a 2-1 is friendlier to the neighbors. While it is a little louder than stock, the sound that comes out is on the deep-end of the scale. If you want an exhaust system that gets all the power you can get from a stage 1 upgrade without waking the dead, then a 2-1 is the right system. However, if your replacing your exhaust system for sound and appearance, a slip-on system is good but a true dual system is better.

I know this isn't likely to sway your decision in any direction. I just wanted to add my two cents. Good luck! :D

·
Silver member
4,266 Posts
I've never quite understood the logic of wanting to force both exhausts into one, especially under the premise that it will wake the motor up. I converted both my 14 Chieftain and my 18 Roadmaster to true duals. I never put either one on a machine before or after to see what it had to say. But I know what I felt and heard when I got back on the seat after the change. The difference in heat is amazing. The sound was "much more like it" if you please. And I wouldn't swear on two Bibles that the bikes actually performed all that much better but it sure felt like they did. I know one thing, if i lost 1/10 of one horsepower I sure couldn't tell it. Get that cat out of there!!! Put dual exhausts on. Tune your air & fuel mixture right and you'll have a bike that not only wakes up, it will stay awake.
A 2:1 exhaust system on a V-Twin will outperform a True Dual system all the time. The exhaust's interaction with the cylinders is very important for proper cylinder fill and then scavenging. By de-coupling the cylinders with a True Dual system, you loose this interaction.

It is not HP you loose, but mid-RPM torque.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a set od D&D 2-1 Exhaust for mt 2019 Chieftain. I am also running an Voodoo AC with lloydz 585 cams

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hows it run ? Did you have it tuned yet ? How loud is the D&D? You think you could shoot me a video of it running. I really want to put the D&D on mine but I'm really worried about how loud it will be . I have the D&D Boarzilla on my Road King . I have an S&S T124 with 640 cams in that . 150 HP 147 TQ. It is really loud and obnoxious
.. FUN AS SHIT TO RIDE ! But my Roadmaster is my touring bike and I want to keep it on the quiet side . Thanks for your input Sudang ! I hope you are enjoying your scoot .

·
Registered
9 Posts
it runs great!! still working on the tune for it. the D&D runs great!!! it does have a slightly louder sound but its low enough where its not ear piercing. At cursing (highway) speed its suttle but its VERY noticable when you open the throttle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts