Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Some of the dealers were still offering first run bikes, while others were not. I think if you search the posts - we were talking about the end of the first run offer back in September.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I also heard that if you ordered when the demo trailer was in town you would still get 1st run status after September 19th, but not the supposedly guaranteed December delivery.

Reactions: Darren guy

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Apparently it wasn't a garantee of delivery. I ordered mine the week of Sturgis. They told me the delivery would be December......But they didn't deliver yet. If they did garantee, what is the garantee worth if they did garantee delivery in December and didn't?

·
Registered
694 Posts
i pre-ordered mine sept. 22. my dealer got an extension because his demos came in that weekend, or so they said

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I was told the 1st run orders ended in October. Bikes bought after then will have a two year full factory warranty. The so named 1st run are to be covered for 5 yrs. but not the factory warranty. The extended version of coverage is by a 2nd party company called Assurance. They will have a $50. copay per repair and will have approval or rights to decline coverage per incident. Assurance is the same company that administers service plans for appliances, electronics, etc. They have the right to decide whether the repair is covered, not the dealer or manufacturing company. Beware, it is Not the same as a factory warranty.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was told the 1st run orders ended in October. Bikes bought after then will have a two year full factory warranty. The so named 1st run are to be covered for 5 yrs. but not the factory warranty. The extended version of coverage is by a 2nd party company called Assurance. They will have a $50. copay per repair and will have approval or rights to decline coverage per incident. Assurance is the same company that administers service plans for appliances, electronics, etc. They have the right to decide whether the repair is covered, not the dealer or manufacturing company. Beware, it is Not the same as a factory warranty.
Yep the same folks that fix your Mr. Coffee, but not your heat pump. Another opportunity to check out the long lists of consumer reviews of how they responded in individual cases, it might be worth just a few dollars more than the paper its printed on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts