Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer knew I was trading my Roadmaster and did not mention the $750 rebate. I brought it up prior to signing the paperwork and the dealer said they would pay me direct once they get their money from corporate Indian

Dealer state’s they instruct their salesman not to mention this to the customer.

Would you think they instruct the salesman not to mention it so they can pocket the $750?

Been a month and still waiting my $750. No big deal on the money, it’s the principle behind the matter.

venting complete.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've bought 2 bikes since they were offering the loyalty rebate and both times it was worked into the deal. I think that was a policy for that particular dealer. I always comparison shop before buying.

·
Founding member
1,021 Posts
That sounds fishy. I'd call the dealer and ask. If you get more 'fishy' I'd call Indian. My dealer talks about it freely and talks about all the discounts being stackable as he puts it.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Never heard of them paying you directly for a special offer. Here’s the fine print from the website.

*** $750 Owner Loyalty Credit

This is a limited time offer which is valid toward the purchase of select qualifying new model year 2019 and 2020 Indian Motorcycle models, is subject to change and may be extended or terminated without further notice. Offer available to any individual who currently owns an Indian Motorcycle or Victory Motorcycle (proof of ownership/ registration is required). Trade-in is not required. Offer may be combined with all other promotional offers at the time of sale. All rebates paid to dealer and are not redeemable for cash. Limit 1 per qualifying customer. Offer valid May 13th, 2020 through June 30th, 2020.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I brought it up the dealer said they did not want to do the paperwork again, so they would just cut me a check when Indian sent them the money.
The finance lady specifically said they tell their salesman not to bring it up. She stated that is says the referral program it Is the obligation of the buyer to bring it up.

Sounded fishy to me too.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
My dealer didn’t mention it either, I brought it up and he said he didn’t know about it. Sounded genuine though. “We get the money from Indian so if they offer it we want you to have it” were his words. They applied the credit after I told them about it. This was after the paperwork was written but before I signed so your dealer must’ve just been lazy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you don't have anything from your dealer in writing, then it's JUST words.
The fact that the finance lady said what she said, leads me to believe they're pulling one over on Indian.

I would send Indian an email documenting what you were told by your dealer, and CC the dealer in it.

ACCOUNTABILITY! 👍😎

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
they are screwing customers.. bad sign to me... how many 750 rebates that they didn't tell the customer about do they keep... totally unethical IMO..

Reactions: TigerGA

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't have anything from your dealer in writing, then it's JUST words.
The fact that the finance lady said what she said, leads me to believe they're pulling one over on Indian.

I would send Indian an email documenting what you were told by your dealer, and CC the dealer in it.

ACCOUNTABILITY! 👍😎
I do have a text where I conversed with the salesman about the matter. They ain’t getting out of it.

·
Bronze member
2,660 Posts
Dealer knew I was trading my Roadmaster and did not mention the $750 rebate. I brought it up prior to signing the paperwork and the dealer said they would pay me direct once they get their money from corporate Indian

Dealer state’s they instruct their salesman not to mention this to the customer.

Would you think they instruct the salesman not to mention it so they can pocket the $750?

Been a month and still waiting my $750. No big deal on the money, it’s the principle behind the matter.

venting complete.
They don’t mention it to you, but submit the paperwork to IM like they gave it to you, I suspect. This is an old car dealer trick on models that have rebates...they don’t tell you about the rebate and the dealer pockets the money. My IM dealer was upfront, told me about the $750 loyalty credit and it was subtracted from my purchase cost...it was also reflected on my sales doc. I’d have a word with that dealer and demand my $750. And, it’s not like it’s a secret...it’s on the IM site. Also, the IM site shows it as a “credit,” not a rebate.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I bought my Chieftain several weeks ago, it was worked into the deal. If I were you, I'd be calling corporate with the vin # of your old and new bike, and tell them the dealer is trying to keep this for themselves. Sounds like a POS dealer to me.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealer called right when I got off work and said they were gonna cut me check tomorrow. Told them to hold as I’m heading up to ride the Twisted Sister this weekend and I’ll stop by and pick it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

venting complete.
Did you show the dealership the coupon? I showed my dealership a similar coupon and they acted like it was written in another language. I contacted Polaris and they told me the dealership should give me the rebate. The dealership contacted me the next day and gave my rebate in form of a gift card. I recommend to still get Polaris involved to hold your Indian dealership accountable to helping you. Reabates/coupons shouldn’t be so difficult to redeem.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They never denied it was available, they just didn’t bother to tell during the deal. If the dealer is doing as they stated- “Let the customer bring it up” - that’s wrong. Luckily I seen it on the Indian website prior to signing the papers. Anyway, I will pick up my check tomorrow.

Reactions: Joric1

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
Well, I guess I put my foot in my mouth to soon. I’m about to have to settle something with my dealer which they claim has to do with the $750 rebate also. Long story short. My out the door price was 4231 (after trade and down payment). They charged the performance finance 8577. So they cut a check to make it right but now I owe the finance company 4688. (Trade has been made and papers have been signed a month ago). Sent the guy I was dealing with about the $4300+ overcharge a text asking what’s going on. Response I got was kind of confusing but from what I understand they say they applied the rebate twice so they took back partial and added $457 to the final amount.
Which to me doesn’t make sense because he says the base price is $15200 now. But with the $1500 customer cash on the S models that would bring the msrp down on the race replica from $16999 to $15499, then subtracting the $750 owner loyalty would bring it down to $14,749.
Plus when I was dealing with the salesman the price was originally $4981 until like I said in the previous post I mentioned the owner loyalty and he acted like he didn’t know about it and he added it bringing the out the door price to $4231. Makes me also wonder how he added it twice if he said he didn’t know about it until I mentioned it.
I was upset but I didn’t respond back yet I wanted to cool off before I deal with them. One side of me says just let it go it’s not worth the trouble over $457 the other side says fight for what you think you’re owed. Just don’t understand how the price can change after paperwork has been signed and the finance has already been set.

edit: just realized I said long story short but still gave the long version

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would seriously think that after signing the paperwork that they can’t change anything especially if the financing is done. Sounds a little screwy.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
I would seriously think that after signing the paperwork that they can’t change anything especially if the financing is done. Sounds a little screwy.
They first overcharged the finance company and sent them a check to make up for it but were $457 short. They didn’t add it on in reality They just didn’t pay back in full. Then when confronted about it say there is a discrepancy in The rebate or whatever. Seems shady to me specially when it’s not $750 short it’s $457 short.

·
Silver member
5,042 Posts
Normally, they write up the rebate and that is part of your financed deal. The factory then gives the dealer back the 750.00 in credit. That way the dealership sales guy still gets to make some commission on the sale as does the dealer.

The big don't have big margins like many assume.

The money is in parts, service, and accessories as we all know....

Reactions: MilwDave
1 - 18 of 18 Posts