Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Love the look - is the 'white' area more of a cream? I sometimes have trouble with my monitor changing the colors to much. The 'wet' look is amazing and will be turning heads where ever you ride!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love the look - is the 'white' area more of a cream? I sometimes have trouble with my monitor changing the colors to much. The 'wet' look is amazing and will be turning heads where ever you ride!!
The white is creamy, and the red is like a dark candy apple. Sorry for my crappy explanation of the colors. I'll take a legit camera with me next time I go over there.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I posted this idea earlier today asking what people thought. Perfect. I am in. Do you know who did this paint job?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts

This is close to what I intend; but I've been daydreaming a creamier color, lotsa butter in it, enclosed in a silver pin stripe, and with the original chrome emblem, rather than a painted Indian head. It's great to see how the white and red looks. Makes it easier to visualize the cream and red. Thanks. More pics please.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Very pretty, and I agree with Webmost, a little more cream and a more subtle emblem. To my eye, a different color seat would also work. And some cream on the rear fender (subtle pinstripe maybe?).

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think it looks great! Don't let anyone make you second guess what you did. Seems pretty crappy for other people to say how they would have "done it better". Your bike, your paint scheme. Absolutely stunning! I wish I could see it in person, since I can tell the pictures don't do it justice as you also say. The fade at the edges, the colors, the headdress... great job making it your own!!!

Reactions: mncp8r
G

·
Awesome design, I'm thinking of just going with the indian head logo on sides of tank,or just the Indian logo in silver..

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I think it looks great! Don't let anyone make you second guess what you did. Seems pretty crappy for other people to say how they would have "done it better". Your bike, your paint scheme. Absolutely stunning! I wish I could see it in person, since I can tell the pictures don't do it justice as you also say. The fade at the edges, the colors, the headdress... great job making it your own!!!
Totally agree. It's gorgeous and it's yours. My take is simply what I would do on mine...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted this idea earlier today asking what people thought. Perfect. I am in. Do you know who did this paint job?
I'll find out for you.

Is it yours, or is it just sitting on your dealer's floor? It looks very nice.
Not mine, just a custom job they had done on one. They also have a custom chief on the floor.

I am really liking this:) What was the damage/cost to have this done?
I'll find that out for you too.

How nice would it have been if I had a bad tank, and they repainted it like that beauty.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'll find out for you.

Not mine, just a custom job they had done on one. They also have a custom chief on the floor.

I'll find that out for you too.

How nice would it have been if I had a bad tank, and they repainted it like that beauty.
No mater what one does with paint, give it a couple months down the road and another idea for paint will pop into your head. Truth is, with a modicum of common sense it would be very difficult to make this bike anything but gorgeous. I love my little red baby just the way she was born, but give me some time and who knows what I'll she'll l look like. Evolution my friends.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
No mater what one does with paint, give it a couple months down the road and another idea for paint will pop into your head. Truth is, with a modicum of common sense it would be very difficult to make this bike anything but gorgeous. I love my little red baby just the way she was born, but give me some time and who knows what I'll she'll l look like. Evolution my friends.
Modicum! English major you are.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts