Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had David at Osprey @Osprey make me some custom saddle bags to go with my custom paint job - thought I would post a pic or two. I think he did a great job matching things up. Best part is he has a theft proof mounting system which works just like the Scout oem spools but better. I had great customer service!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
I like the look, but damn it is going to be hard to keep them looking good as they do right now out of the box!
Maybe save them for 'show days'?
It reminds me of a pair of white leather wingtips I had as a kid. They were so awesome when I unwrapped them on xmas. But after a few uses they became tedious to keep nice. Luckily they were only church shoes.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the look, but damn it is going to be hard to keep them looking good as they do right now out of the box!
Maybe save them for 'show days'?
@RBinTEX - exactly - I bought a pair in black from a forum member for good deal small wampum; so I can go black - but you know what they say :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I had David at Osprey @Osprey make me some custom saddle bags to go with my custom paint job - thought I would post a pic or two. I think he did a great job matching things up. Best part is he has a theft proof mounting system which works just like the Scout oem spools but better. I had great customer service!
Gorgeous, unique, tastefully done. My hats off to you sir.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@RBinTEX - paid @Jesse34 $300+ shipping maybe a wee more a month or so ago - They have a hole in them in the front for the Harley leather bag locking system which i never bought since i never used them/mounted them. @Jesse34 had them on his scout them used them on his Chieftan? (I don't remember) before switching to model specific bags. My guess. They are great bags but i wanted to match things up. Thus the bags have mounting holes for both chieftan and scout. Jesse just taped over the scout holes so if i were to keep and mount them i would double back tape with some black leather just to seal up the unnecessary hole. They are the Osprey bags like mine but in black with fringe i'm not sure if i have the $100.00 Osprey tamper proof spools for mounting but they can mount with the Indian Scout spools as well..

·
Registered
553 Posts
I think they are sexy with the bike.

Reactions: Rudy Smith

·
Registered
9 Posts
How much does a custom paint job roughly cost? I have considered doing a white pinstripe on fenders and tank, or something else but was just curious what is an expected cost.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much does a custom paint job roughly cost? I have considered doing a white pinstripe on fenders and tank, or something else but was just curious what is an expected cost.
@IndianBlood $ skies the limit $ my paint job was at $2500.00 but a lot depends on the artists reputation etc... and how involved you want things to be. On my bike, study the balance and symmetry on the indianhead on the tank with the superimposed Indian script. You get what you pay for - sometimes.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Has a great vintage look to it. Matching colored bags are a blast from the past...I like it a lot.
My only nitpick, the grips don't seem to match anything.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Has a great vintage look to it. Matching colored bags are a blast from the past...I like it a lot.
My only nitpick, the grips don't seem to match anything.
@Tennessee - your right - I just haven't found the grips that kill the vibrational buzz and match the vintage look yet - I've been thinking same grips just in black. ??? Any ideas and links welcome.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
That's not bad at all for the pinstripe, and it looks really good on the Indian red. Does anyone have an idea what the general idea on a custom paint?
I have been talking to local painters recently. I have been getting quotes for $3500 to $5000. This includes tear down and reinstall of body. I think some of these guys are really proud of themselves. I'm not looking for a show stopper just a quality job with some personal touches. But, I have a chieftain, it does have a little more real estate than a scout.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I posted both versions of saddlebags - black and white

1 - 20 of 21 Posts