Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm certain I read somewhere, on this forum, that the consumer will have the ability to 'custom order' their paint scheme after January. Did anyone else read this or know anything? *(I'm not sure if the paint options were limited to Indian's current catalogue?)

I love the blacked out motor and front forks and hope to go for a more custom look. It would even be great if you could order unpainted fairing, tank, side panels, and fenders at a lower price point.

·
Senior member / silver
3,453 Posts
I thought I heard the same thing. Not sure about the timing but I hope it is true.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I know the dealers order them in primer a lot now then they go to specialty painters like Chris Cruz .(Florida )....I haven't heard the factory was going to get involved in this. I would think it might hurt the dealers creativity....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm certain I read somewhere, on this forum, that the consumer will have the ability to 'custom order' their paint scheme after January. Did anyone else read this or know anything? *(I'm not sure if the paint options were limited to Indian's current catalogue?)

I love the blacked out motor and front forks and hope to go for a more custom look. It would even be great if you could order unpainted fairing, tank, side panels, and fenders at a lower price point.
I live in the Spirit Lake area and you hear things.... Our local dealer (yes Spirit Lake finally has one) mentioned Polaris is having some issues with their new paint line and is taking some actions to rectify them... I would guess that unti everything is resolved, you won't see any orderable custom jobs. Again, this is just hearsay so I could be wrong

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts