Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, would it be okay to get a valuation on my bike here? I have a custom built flat tracker and although I know what I have in it, I dont know exactly what it would be worth.

Can I post that in here - or should I do it elsewhere? Thanks -

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh well, I will just list it - going to be less than I have in it anyway. If its out of the ballpark I will revise -

·
Registered
126 Posts
What brand parts did you use? I’ve been wanting to do a Roland Sands kit. Custom anything is a hard sell as you need to find someone looking for the same configuration. If it is done well and you find the right buyer, I’d assume you could get back most of what you spent. Often times it is actually worth less than a stock setup valuation unless it was done professionally.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was all done professionally using RSD parts. It’s a bad bad bike. Didn’t spare a single expense. If you’re interested just PM me. 99 miles on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was all done professionally using RSD parts. It’s a bad bad bike. Didn’t spare a single expense. If you’re interested just PM me. 99 miles on it.
I am interested. Very....My wallet is not. Curious what wheel setup you used? I’ve had some issues finding info for the kit in regards to wheels to fit the flat track Dunlops on it.

The RSD kit Scouts are by far my favorite bikes in existence even over the FTR.

Post a pic up??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am interested. Very....My wallet is not. Curious what wheel setup you used? I’ve had some issues finding info for the kit in regards to wheels to fit the flat track Dunlops on it.

The RSD kit Scouts are by far my favorite bikes in existence even over the FTR.

Post a pic up??
I used the 19 inch 10 spoke race wheels from RSD but had to fit custom hubs. They would not fit otherwise. Most are designed to run without a front brake. The build took more than a year for sourcing parts, fab, paint, fitment, etc. It was one roadblock after another.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That thing is sweet! Thank you for sharing. If you don’t mind me asking? Why spend all the time and not put even a tank’s worth of milage on it.
Well, initially I was not sure how long the project would take. Just that I knew I wanted to build one.

Then of course, the same week I picked the bike up I got word that I was being transferred overseas for work for two years. So rather than let it sit in a storage unit, Im selling it. Its a 2016 with 99 miles - it needs to be broken in haha.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, initially I was not sure how long the project would take. Just that I knew I wanted to build one.

Then of course, the same week I picked the bike up I got word that I was being transferred overseas for work for two years. So rather than let it sit in a storage unit, Im selling it. Its a 2016 with 99 miles - it needs to be broken in haha.
Well.... I’d be happy to break it in for you? I have an eye for that kit on my own bike but I have a thing about doing the work myself even if my work is inferior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts