Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Rim

Updated pic of the finished bike ( more pics on page 5-6-7)
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Rim

I have a 2018 scout Bobber that I will customizing this winter and will be adding pics as I make changes . I will be fun because I will be doing the work myself .
The bike was purchased last May and before going out on my first ride I changed out the exhaust to a Freedom Performance 2 to 1 combat , installed an S&S intake, PVCX and mother roads custom seat. The top pic shows the bike with the above changes
I'm looking for a unique look and will be adding the items below

Freedom Performance 2 to 1 combat exhaust
S&S performance intake
Dynojet Power Vision CX fuel controller with Fuel Moto Tune
Mother Roads Custom Leather Seat
RC Components Aluminum Wheels - Savage Eclipse
with matching Rotors and Metzeler ME888 Ultra Tires
19" front- 18" 240mm rear
new custom rear fender to accommodate wide rear tire
Tank Machine rear fender clamp
custom built close off
custom aluminum radiator side accents
new suspension- Progressive Front Spring
Öhlins Piggyback Rear Shocks
Bikers Choice fork gaiters
Aluminum Headlight Grill
Joker machine Black clutch/ brake levers
Rizoma LED Bar end turn signals
Rizoma Retro bar End mirrors
Rizoma "SGUARDO" Turn Signal Mounting Adapter
Rizoma Club S Rear turn/ Brake signal
Motone Shock Mount Turn Signal Brackets
Eagle Gen III LED headlight
Indian USB Charging Port Kit
Indian Headdress Rear Brake light
Indian extended foot controls
Indian billet rider pegs
Indian billet Shifter/brake peg
Indian billet frame neck inserts
Indian billet Covers (Stator, Primary, Thermostat, Ignition, front caliper )
Indian billet shift rod Gloss black
modified Indian gear pully cover
Brass Balls Aluminum/ Leather Grips
Kuryakyn Chin Spoiler
klock Werks Rad Guard
Accutronix Side Mount License Plate
custom Tail-Art Headdress skull side cover frame accent
EBC HH Brake pads
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs

Today I changed out my rider pegs and master cylinder covers and removed my rear fender . I'm trying to figure out the right close off to use that will work with my Mother roads custom seat
Auto part Suspension Vehicle Suspension part

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Material property
I've started working on my bike and changed out my front suspension

I have had a progressive spring for the Indian scout that I was told was not compatible with the new bobber but after watched a video of a lady that said the progressive springs she had the Indian dealership install made a huge difference I thought I would give it a try.
The progressive spring is firmer then OEM and about an inch longer and seemed to be a little beefier. I could not compress the spring enough to install it so I cut the spring down to the same length as OEM and even then it was a ***** to install .
My bike is all torn apart with no lights so I was only able to ride threw my neighborhood. The ride feels firmer but it will be a number of months and warmer weather before a real test ride .

I've ordered my Wheels, Rotors and tires along with my rear shocks. It will be a number of weeks before they arrive .
Most of my other parts on the list will be ordered at the end of this week.
The fender will be the last item along with paint

I will be posting Pics as I get things Installed

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle
Today I Installed the Eagle Gen Three LED headlight along with the Bikes Choice Fork boots and blacked out the fork with a Golf tub
Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Motorcycle accessories Vehicle Auto part
This weekend I ordered most of my remaining parts . I'm working on the front end of the bike and ordered the following
Motogadget M Blaze LED Bar end turn Signals (Changed to Rizoma)
Rizoma Retro bar End mirrors
Rizoma "SGUARDO" Turn Signal Mounting Adapter
Should be able to install the above parts next week end

The Bobber handle bars have threaded inserts but wont work with my new bar end turn signals so I attempted to drill out the threaded inserts. I was surprised but It worked. (Pic below) UP next is a project to customize a headlight grill
()
Motorcycle Vehicle Auto part Automotive design Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Suspension part Suspension Auto part Automotive design Vehicle
Working on building a close-off out of a aluminum plate that will work with the Mother Roads Customs Seat.Hoping to get it done before the 240mm rear tire and wheel arrive. I'm also doing some custom cuts to my gear pulley cover

·
Silver member
5,857 Posts
Enjoying watching your progress; looking good.

Question on the headlight grill. Would that not restrict the light pattern / distribution of light? I've never had one installed on a bike so was just curious as the grill fins look fairly deep; I like the looks but not sure if that would be practical for highway / freeway riding if it does restrict the light pattern. For me I do most of my riding on highways so I would need to see the ditches for wildlife.
Again was just curious; I do like the looks though.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Everything looks great to date. Looking forward to more photos as you progress this project. I want to add the fork gators to my Bobber this year.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Enjoying watching your progress; looking good.

Question on the headlight grill. Would that not restrict the light pattern / distribution of light? I've never had one installed on a bike so was just curious as the grill fins look fairly deep; I like the looks but not sure if that would be practical for highway / freeway riding if it does restrict the light pattern. For me I do most of my riding on highways so I would need to see the ditches for wildlife.
Again was just curious; I do like the looks though.
To answer your question . I don't know. Turning it on in my garage I don't see much restriction but I wont be able to test your idea until spring . I live in Utah with no trees along the side of the highway so my field of view is mostly wide open . We do have mountains with canyons so night time driving up the canyon could be different . I like the look but worst case I can easily remove the grill.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everything looks great to date. Looking forward to more photos as you progress this project. I want to add the fork gators to my Bobber this year.
Thanks- Should have more pics next week end . Biggest change should be the Wheels. They my ship this week or next.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm enjoying watching your progress as well. Your winter project is going to be completed before Christmas. Good for you!!!
I think so but the rear fender and paint might hold things up . I don't want to have the fender built until I have the 240 mm rear tire in place and can make measurements and figure out how I'm going to make the fender work . Things are going to be tight .

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
UPS showed up today so I installed the Kuryakyn Chin Spoiler
and klock Werks Rad Guard
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire
(Up Next) Bar end Lights, Bar end Mirrors and Grips
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Tire Automotive tire
More pics this Sat and Sun

1 - 20 of 208 Posts