Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

How good are the below Fiberglass Saddlebags on the Scout Bobber for me?

• Not good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8 month project's finished and tested. The custom version of fully adopted saddlebags for my Scout Bobber: fiber glass made, black leather covered, the total volume size is 58L, the max length of an item for transporting is 24.8 inch (63 cm), more parameters will be later.
No question how useful it is being now comparing to the previous small leather saddlebags I had last summer.

The main question for our community of Indian fans is the changed look and feel style so please share your feeling, thoughts and questions.

Scout Bobber Plastic Saddlebags 3.jpg Scout Bobber Plastic Saddlebags 1.jpg
20190501_170836.jpg Scout Bobber Plastic Saddlebags.jpg
20190501_171118.jpg 20190501_171121.jpg

·
Silver member
3,146 Posts
I voted very good.
Would have been nice/better if they were a bit deeper but considering the exhaust location it looks like you did the best you could. Much better than attempts at self made bags I've seen posted here in the past. Great job!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I like the bikes best with out saddle bags but if you have to have them( and at times I do) then these are really nice. I voted very good. Looks like you incorporated the tail lights into the bags. Is that correct?

·
Registered
284 Posts
IMHO those are the best looking saddlebags I've seen for the scout outside of the factory ones. Great job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the bikes best with out saddle bags but if you have to have them( and at times I do) then these are really nice. I voted very good. Looks like you incorporated the tail lights into the bags. Is that correct?
Yes it is correct. I bought third party LED lights and connected them via a relay and diode into can bus wire of the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts