Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2019 Indian Springfield Darkhorse. I purchased the Probeam Headlight and passing lamps as well as the Front LED Probeam dynamic turn signal ringz. Everything is plugnplay and does not require any splicing. The Headlamp and passing lamps were installed and worked perfectly. Installed the LED bullet ringz and plugged them in as per instructions and they did not turn on (white lights on all the time) when Motorcycle was on or turn on when I engaged the turn signals (amber lights should be flashing). I had to reinstall my OEM turn signals. Has anyone come across this issue with their Indian? What did you do ? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the custom dynamic LED lights all over my 2018 Springfield DH. I had an issue with one of my running lights. I plugged in like you said and it didn’t work. It was a bad light. I called them and their technical support was good and confirmed. They sent new ones quickly. I would call them especially if stock ones are working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the custom dynamic LED lights all over my 2018 Springfield DH. I had an issue with one of my running lights. I plugged in like you said and it didn’t work. It was a bad light. I called them and their technical support was good and confirmed. They sent new ones quickly. I would call them especially if stock ones are working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did call them and had them returned; I followed up once they received them the lights and asked their QA department if they found anything wrong with the lights. They said they saw no issues and everything worked for them and would be putting the lights back into inventory. I was quite disappointed because I actually did want them to find something wrong with the lights so they could send me replacement lights so I can finish the look of all the front lights. They provided me a refund, but would have been great if they worked on my 19' SF DH.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The plugs do have to be installed one particular way but there is nothing to prevent you from installing them incorrectly. I learned this on my HD Road King. I initially plugged them in the way I thought (pay attention to the small nubs) but they did not work correctly. Then it occurred to me that maybe I had them backwards so I switched the plugs around and they worked correctly. I think the documentation is poorly written but otherwise they are a good product.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plugs do have to be installed one particular way but there is nothing to prevent you from installing them incorrectly. I learned this on my HD Road King. I initially plugged them in the way I thought (pay attention to the small nubs) but they did not work correctly. Then it occurred to me that maybe I had them backwards so I switched the plugs around and they worked correctly. I think the documentation is poorly written but otherwise they are a good product.
72 Yamaha,

I thought the same thing (that I installed incorrectly). Switched the plugs 3 times and still nothing happened. I called them and told them and they were great to provide me a refund, but was really looking forward to have a set on my bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to hear that. For being something so simple, the plugs were a bit of a PitA to get installed correctly. I bought a set after a guy pulled out of front of me out in the middle of nowhere. It was early in the Covid shutdown. Absolutely nobody on the roads and this guy just pulled out without stopping or looking before making a left turn in front of me into my lane. I have not had that happen again in the couple thousand miles since I installed them.

IIRC, when I had mine installed incorrectly the yellow LEDs were permanently on and did not respond to the turn signal switch. It was only with the plug in the correct position that the white LEDs activate in running mode and change to yellow LEDs with the turn signal switch. I felt like an idiot for the few minutes it took me to figure out that I was the dufus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts