Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Custom dynamics pro beam white/amber turn signal on chieftain

11K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Cardell 
#1 ·
Just installed the CD white/amber program turn signals ( for Indian Springfield). Just filed down the inside of the black turn signal stem. Once I installed the new lights, it is recommended you remove your headlight ( via 4 screws) and run the wiring harness up to the top of the headlight opening. Follow the directions to connect the left/right CD harness together and then connect one of the connections to the war bonnet connector. You will have one extra connector to dangle free. Turn on and test... pretty easy after the second time to install,, lol.

See less See more
#4 ·
I had CD LED white/amber turns on my HD, good product. Worked great as a flood light at night.

#7 ·
You will need to file the inside of the black turn signal stalk (there is a lip that needs to be flush to make the actual chrome or black turn signal module fit flush). The custom dynamics deal is a whole part,,just undo the old oval turn signal and replace with the new one, then re attach after you run all the wiring,,, it is truly plug and play , the directions are decent.

#16 · (Edited)
View attachment 610540 View attachment 610542 Just installed the CD white/amber program turn signals ( for Indian Springfield). Just filed down the inside of the black turn signal stem. Once I installed the new lights, it is recommended you remove your headlight ( via 4 screws) and run the wiring harness up to the top of the headlight opening. Follow the directions to connect the left/right CD harness together and then connect one of the connections to the war bonnet connector. You will have one extra connector to dangle free. Turn on and test... pretty easy after the second time to install,, lol.
Well, I may just order a set of these, as I am still waitng for the Indian driving lights and mounts. These lights will definitely clean up the ugly amber covers, as well.

Thanks for sharing and your input! (y) 😀

ETA: Mine should be here this coming Saturday. 😃

#17 ·
Hey MotorJock, hope all is well. Im a little later to this, but I began to install these on my 2021 CDH. I did the filing and all the hardware setup and its all good, but I can’t find the WarBonnet connects where the C/D lights are suppose to connect to per the instructions. Any ideas or is it possible that the WarBonnet connector is not on the 2021 models? Any ideas? Thx

#21 ·
I will agree that the wiring connector was well hidden when I first tried to install everything. It was a black wire with a yellow marked "war bonnet" marking on the wire. As far as tapping in, I didnt.... I just plugged the dangling connector from the CD harness.

#29 ·
View attachment 610540 View attachment 610542 Just installed the CD white/amber program turn signals ( for Indian Springfield). Just filed down the inside of the black turn signal stem. Once I installed the new lights, it is recommended you remove your headlight ( via 4 screws) and run the wiring harness up to the top of the headlight opening. Follow the directions to connect the left/right CD harness together and then connect one of the connections to the war bonnet connector. You will have one extra connector to dangle free. Turn on and test... pretty easy after the second time to install,, lol.
Where exactly is that war bonnet located? All I see is the headlamp quick disconnect then it goes straight to the harness. I have a 2021 Springfield. Thank

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.