Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed the custom dymanics rear turn signals on my 2018 chieftain limited now I am getting all these error codes on my dash. Plus my turn signals won’t work with them installed. It’s just two wires did I do something wrong? Do I need to take it to the dealer to clear this issue?

·
Registered
527 Posts
i just installed the custom dymanics rear turn signals on my 2018 chieftain limited now I am getting all these error codes on my dash. Plus my turn signals won’t work with them installed. It’s just two wires did I do something wrong? Do I need to take it to the dealer to clear this issue?
Did you install the module/ relay or whatever they call it I had mine done on my 17 down in Daytona and love it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seems like the instructions said to disconnect the negative battery terminal before installing them. I did that and didnt have any problems but I think i read where someone didnt disconnect the battery and had some issues

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Tail lights.jpg

These?
If so, they should be plug and play.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed them on my bike without disconnecting the battery and have had zero issues since. Over 1000 miles on it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Installed my Custom dynamics with the module, piece of cake. Be very careful with the control module when you're disconnecting the battery. Don't let it touch the battery. Upgraded brake and turns is definitely some of the best money spent on my bike. Snip the wires close to the turn lights as my 16 Chieftian did not have much wire to spare to make the connection. Follow the Custom Dynamics instructions they are pretty clear. Check the plug connection under the seat. Did you get the module with lights?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have the Custom Dynamics turn signals, the triple play, LED Headlight and the LED passing lights, and have not had any error codes. I also have the Custom Dynamics LED Accent Lights. Now that I think about it, I have too much. But seriously, wonderful compatibility and no concerns.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Rider
737 Posts
Did you use CANBUS adapters? The newer models get real finicky when you mess with the lighting. Call Custom Dynamics and tell them your issue, they are really good about knowing what to use to make their products work.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I installed the Custom Dynamics turn signals , the Supabrake 3 , a set of extra LED strips that work in conjunction with the brake light and I have not experienced anything . Everything works as it should be .

·
Rider
737 Posts
Currently waiting for CD to modify their products for those of us with the new Chieftain lighting scheme. According to CD the absence of the middle brake light doesn't allow their triple play or other products to work.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I installed the Custom Dynamics turn signals , the Supabrake 3 , a set of extra LED strips that work in conjunction with the brake light and I have not experienced anything . Everything works as it should be .
Looks fantastic I can only imagine how nice they are when you light them up.

·
Founding member
805 Posts
I have a $94 prepaid cc that I was trying to use for these, but you have to use that amt or less I guess (came out to $107)... do they ever have sales or discount codes?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Finished the install today. Extremely happy with the end result and the improved light output out back....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Buddy of mine had the same exact issues. Ended up being a blow fuse.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Buddy of mine had the same exact issues. Ended up being a blow fuse.
I have a 2016 Chieftian. Absolutely love the Custom Dynamics rear lighting package. The smart play made it easy. Hope they get it worked out. Some of the best money I have spent on my bike. Hog works LED headlight and driver lights great investment as well .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts