Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I for one am going to be very curious to see and read the different nature of posts in the coming 6-8 months. Many of the current posts are the type of excited children getting or have gotten a new toy. What color? What model? What accessory? What should I wear? What will I do? When will it arrive?? Don't misunderstand, I am guilty of being a kid in the candy store too. I love these posts but I know that one day down the road the posts will shift. Posts down the road will be; My dealers service sucks, or not. Polaris / Indian won't cover it / or not. My thingamagig fell off / or not? At 17,257 miles this happened / or not.
What say you / or not? Oh it's going to be a fun ride!! or not

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I agree with you the shine will come off but let's keep talking so we see where and when to look. My FOB died so I will find out what happened at dealer this week. I will report what they say...

·
Founding member
952 Posts
I think small talk is a good sign. Instead of talking about engine failures. Haven't heard of any major problems.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Agree with all that have posted so far!
I too am hoping the positives keep coming and if any issues arise, please Polaris.......deal with and correct!

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
After all the excited children get their toys, then we can start to bicker about all the little things that still are not deal breakers. They are mechanical objects.....and they will break. It will work out OK. Have faith.

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
Hummm.....Harry, I've read my fair share of piss & whine posts in a years time..."my engine makes noise, my leather is faded, my chrome is peeling, my paint is too soft, my dealer charges too much, my dealer doesn't have my parts yet, I can't contact anyone at Indian, etc., etc.!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hummm.....Harry, I've read my fair share of piss & whine posts in a years time..."my engine makes noise, my leather is faded, my chrome is peeling, my paint is too soft, my dealer charges too much, my dealer doesn't have my parts yet, I can't contact anyone at Indian, etc., etc.!!
I thought that is what a forum is for the participant to have a discussion about the issues that are of interest to there needs good or bad???

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Polaris disappoints me... after 39 days of owning this machine (Chieftain) their giving me nothing but little things to ***** about. Hows a critics worst nightmare (like me) to survive here? ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
I thought that is what a forum is for the participant to have a discussion about the issues that are of interest to there needs good or bad???
Did you read Vintage Harry's initial post Doc? He was wondering when the "less that admirable/new wears off" posts would start.....I responded in a fashion that would lead one to believe they already have. ??

I guess I should have used the [SARCASM].....[/SARCASM] quotes, eh?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
No matter how many times I get on my bike the thrill is there. That will never wear off if it does they will be throwing dirt on my face

·
Registered
175 Posts
For those who might misread post #13 was meant to be humorous, funny and out in left field.

Reactions: Shuje Sunge

·
Registered
716 Posts
Self cleaning chrome and paint should be part of the package , especially for those of us who live on dirt roads. The mint green is suddenly looking like a better color choice than black lol

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I am fed up with my disease,,,

I have sought professional medical advice and the Quack called it "Indian trinket mania". It manifests itself by my uncontrollable urge to seek out the latest and greatest junk that I can bolt, bang, weld, screw or glue onto my Vintage. As my disease has progressed so has my desperation - it doesn't matter how crazy the accessory is, I just HAVE to have it..... at any price. As an example, I have just paid over $1230 for a pair of very rare handlebar mounted salt and pepper shakers, filled with genuine Bonneville salt flats salt, packed in a chrome plated 1912 Indian piston half scale model, and signed in duplicate by Steve McQueen's first cousin's ex-wife's aunt. The advert said this unique collectable will triple in value within 15 years. My wife says I'm a dick head though.... What do you think?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am fed up with my disease,,,

I have sought professional medical advice and the Quack called it "Indian trinket mania". It manifests itself by my uncontrollable urge to seek out the latest and greatest junk that I can bolt, bang, weld, screw or glue onto my Vintage. As my disease has progressed so has my desperation - it doesn't matter how crazy the accessory is, I just HAVE to have it..... at any price. As an example, I have just paid over $1230 for a pair of very rare handlebar mounted salt and pepper shakers, filled with genuine Bonneville salt flats salt, packed in a chrome plated 1912 Indian piston half scale model, and signed in duplicate by Steve McQueen's first cousin's ex-wife's aunt. The advert said this unique collectable will triple in value within 15 years. My wife says I'm a dick head though.... What do you think?
I am with you old mate Bonneville salt I would give my left NUT for a taste

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My bike didn't come with the enterprise shields I was promised. This would have protected me from rain, mud, rocks, stupid drivers. Dealer said it was on back order.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bluey--- your wife probably knows you better than the rest of us. That said, I still think you are funny. G-day, Mate.

Reactions: Bluey
1 - 20 of 24 Posts