Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with the two? I had the shorty GP mufflers installed but they are VERY loud. Put the stocks back on for now as I was getting some decel popping also.

Are the crushers quieter than the shorty GP's? And if so by how much you figure and any decel popping? Only looking to add slip ons, not interested in a tuner at this point if I don't need one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

Does anybody have any experience with the two? I had the shorty GP mufflers installed but they are VERY loud. Put the stocks back on for now as I was getting some decel popping also.

Are the crushers quieter than the shorty GP's? And if so by how much you figure and any decel popping? Only looking to add slip ons, not interested in a tuner at this point if I don't need one.

Thanks in advance!
Hi mate

I had the crushers and ended up selling them. Too loud for me and too high pitched for me. I wanted a more bassier deeper sound. I think they are quieter than the shorty ones tho so you might like them better.
I ended cutting the stock exhausts in half, pulling the cat out and installed a new baffle tube on them. Wayyyy nicer sound and less engine braking which I like the feel of.

alternatively the Rinehart slip ons side nice man.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello,

Thanks in advance!
So I don’t have them yet, but my husband informed me this past weekend that he was tired of my sewing machine after only one semi lengthy ride and said if I don’t get the crushers ordered he will. So I’ll have them soon and I’m happy to post some audio when I get them on. The bike is new so engine is stock. By the way I spent A LOT of time on you tube listening to exhaust videos and reaching out to people on this forum as you are before I landed on the crushers. I was also considering Bassani.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m also looking into exhaust options exhaustively. Would be nice if there was a “Member Exhaust Decibel Chart.” Gotta be an app out there we can all use.
One brand I’ve run across but have never seen mention here is the HP Corse V2. Made in Italy and sounds good on video!

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,837 Posts
I have the Crushers, and yes they can get loud on hard acceleration, but just idling/ low revs, it is not obnoxious. Look good and weigh much less than stock. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Crushers, and yes they can get loud on hard acceleration, but just idling/ low revs, it is not obnoxious. Look good and weigh much less than stock. Good luck on your choice.
Ok great, I am likely going to pick some up. Did you have to remap or anything?

·
Bronze member
2,003 Posts
Here’s how my very first muffler change went, not including the previous motorcycle (Yamaha) with baffle plug removed.

It still pops on decel, sometimes more and sometimes less.
What’s interesting is I hardly notice it with foam earplugs in, and of course also makes the exhaust sound very tolerable or more like the stock mufflers.
In fact, when the earplugs aren’t fitting right it’s not too loud for me in the full face helmet.

It was some considerable modification through trial and error, if you read at my link above, but that was the whole idea of buying cheap mufflers. I knew I would probably be trying to quiet them down.
I skipped trying muffler packing materials because I didn’t want to try repacking anytime in the future.

Since the GP Shorty's was brought up to begin with, you’ll also see that I bought Radiant Cycles’ catalyst baffle and put those at the inlet of the mufflers. Unfortunately I never tried it with only those in so I’ve got no idea what they actually do to the sound. I’ve only read that some people think they do nothing at all, perhaps because very loud compared to slightly less very loud is basically meaningless.

For me the real change came when I added the end plates with holes.
It was an interesting and somewhat fun experiment.

·
Bronze member
2016 Indian Scout
1,837 Posts
Ok great, I am likely going to pick some up. Did you have to remap or anything?
No remapping needed on the Crushers. Relatively easy installation - I think there is a YouTube video on it. I keep thinking there is a specific order on bolt removal and which pipe is installed first. Anyway, I think it took about an hour to replace/install.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts