Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I each upgraded to the CHALLENGER.
He has a black limited and I bought the base model.
While riding together we found the Cruiseteck tires to be noisy....they "sing" especially when the asphalt pave is hot.
Quite loud....enough to keep back.....same noise for the two bikes.
The rider cannot hear the noise...only the bike following.
However we really like the handling of the tires.
Anybody else notice this annoying noise?
I need to change my avatar photo.

·
Bronze member
1,535 Posts
My buddy and I each upgraded to the CHALLENGER.
He has a black limited and I bought the base model.
While riding together we found the Cruiseteck tires to be noisy....they "sing" especially when the asphalt pave is hot.
Quite loud....enough to keep back.....same noise for the two bikes.
The rider cannot hear the noise...only the bike following.
However we really like the handling of the tires.
Anybody else notice this annoying noise?
I need to change my avatar photo.
3D, check the air pressure in your tires.....could be LOW. I ride behind a few Challenger owners and I NEVER hear the tread to the tires. Are you sure that's what you're hearing?!?!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,298 Posts
I've had it mentioned to me a couple times but I don't know what causes it yet because it doesn't always happen.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've never heard any noise from my tires. Its 104 where I'm at and just stopped to eat. Wearing a brain bucket and listening to tunes. I run 38 lbs. I. The front a d 41 rear cold. No tire noise 9000 miles. No noticable wear either. Traction is marginal but wear makes up for it. Will most likely switch to a V rated tire when the PC3 comes out.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,298 Posts
For cliarification, I never heard it but my riding buddies have mentioned it to me a couple times.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3D, check the air pressure in your tires.....could be LOW. I ride behind a few Challenger owners and I NEVER hear the tread to the tires. Are you sure that's what you're hearing?!?!
Definitely the tires, coming from both bikes.
Tire pressures are to spec.
Maybe its the type of asphalt.
Our roads are not the best.
Noise changes if we ride in different positions in the driving lane.
Anyway .....its ok for me .......as I am always the leading point man.
As I mentioned before we cannot hear anything on our own bike, only when we follow relatively close.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have not heard any tire noise. I'm always the lead bike, but nobody has mentioned it to me. My buddy has one also and he hasn't said anything about tire noise either. Now I'm going to have to pay more attention.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it's the type of road surface.
Anyway... not a big deal.

Reactions: BaggerJay

·
Registered
26 Posts
I occasionally get a bit of tire "buzz" on certain road surfaces... it's annoying but I don't worry about it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts