Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or apparently uncommon, at least. I got some TAB Performance cans. The ding dang things were too loud. I'm a machinist. So I fixed em! It's awfully nice having access to MasterCAM and some nice CNC machines. :p

Supertrapp!

I'm happy with how they turned out. Brought the noise down considerably, and lets me keep the much lighter and sleeker exhaust. Can't speak on flow yet. actually approached TAB with selling the kit, but it seems the market for making quieter exhaust was so small, they weren't interested. Oh well.

by DeTrevni

by DeTrevni

by DeTrevni

by DeTrevni

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Or apparently uncommon, at least. I got some TAB Performance cans. The ding dang things were too loud. I'm a machinist. So I fixed em! It's awfully nice having access to MasterCAM and some nice CNC machines. :p
Supertrapp!
I'm happy with how they turned out. Brought the noise down considerably, and lets me keep the much lighter and sleeker exhaust. Can't speak on flow yet. actually approached TAB with selling the kit, but it seems the market for making quieter exhaust was so small, they weren't interested. Oh well.
I'm interested, do you think it's quieter than Indian Stage 1s?
Your design looks like it might impact flow.

FWIW - I re-wrapped my Indian Stage 1s because loudness but had the side effect of smoothing out vibration on the highway.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Good work. Maybe no market for Tab, but Im sure there are many who bought their product not realizing just how loud they are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested, do you think it's quieter than Indian Stage 1s?
Your design looks like it might impact flow.

FWIW - I re-wrapped my Indian Stage 1s because loudness but had the side effect of smoothing out vibration on the highway.
That's joy of Supertrapp exhaust systems. Adding rings will open up flow and increase sound. Take away rings, quiet up the bike and increase back pressure. I wanted to shush the TABs up a bit, so I've got six rings on each pipe. I'd say it's a smidge louder than stock exhaust the way I have it, but I can't compare to stage 1's. I'm operating on butt dyno, so I can't tell you performance numbers either. I'm just a dude with a mill. :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If the Indian brand exhausts is too loud perhaps you should consider a Vespa?

:)
lol...said no man with tinnitus ever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts