Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of background....my 2015 Roadmaster had the front fork oil changed a few months back by local indy shop where I trust the owner/tech. Shortly thereafter whenever I put forward pressure on the left grip as I take the bike off the side stand there is a noticeable creaking or groaning sound that sounds like it is coming from inside the fairing. Can't tell for sure but it sounds like the left side in the area behind the driving light. Quite certain it didn't always do this. For a while I just ignored it thinking it was nothing to worry about, but now it is getting harder to ignore and put out of my mind. It is hard to tell if the sound is plastic on plastic, plastic on metal, or plastic against a cable maybe. It doesn't sound like metal on metal. Anyone else's bike do this or anyone have ideas on what it may be and where to look? Thanks, Bow

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just in case... Grab the tank bezel and wiggle it near the front where it attaches under the fairing at the front of the tank. I have had that securing screw come loose and it got worse the more I rode it. I thought it was in the fairing as it sounded like that until I figured it out finally. It has come loose twice in a few years so the second time round got a tad of blue locktite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts