Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search before posting, no results, maybe I use wrong key words?

Does anyone make a Crank Case Breather relocation kit for the TS111? Don't like it venting/breathing into the air cleaner. I'm sure this has been discussed before....somewhere

·
German rider
639 Posts
No kit yet, but some Breather Filter available on f.e. amazon.
I only routed down a water hose near the oil filter w/o Breather Filter (some dudes route the hose in the upper frame above the air box), plugged the hole in the air box.
Now 1,000 mls since then the lower hose end is dry and clean, no catchthingy or Breather needed.

And... air filter stays dry.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
As Zoidberg states, several ways to do it. I use to run mine down along the down tube of the frame:
VooDoo-1.jpg

Then with the Voodoo filter I wanted to clean it up a little so I cut the hose to 12", kept the filter on and ran it up into the frame where the rubber plug had been. This provides a path for any oil to flow back into the engine.

VooDoo-8.jpg

VooDoo-9.jpg

Part List:

Crankcase Filter Used

Hose Used

·
Rider
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As Zoidberg states, several ways to do it. I use to run mine down along the down tube of the frame:
View attachment 517750

Then with the Voodoo filter I wanted to clean it up a little so I cut the hose to 12", kept the filter on and ran it up into the frame where the rubber plug had been. This provides a path for any oil to flow back into the engine.

View attachment 517754

View attachment 517756

Part List:

Crankcase Filter Used

Hose Used
Thank you Craig! Actually this helps me in 2 ways because I'm going to be going with the OTB VooDoo Intake, that's what prompted my question.

How do you like the VooDoo Intake system?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Thank you Craig! Actually this helps me in 2 ways because I'm going to be going with the OTB VooDoo Intake, that's what prompted my question.

How do you like the VooDoo Intake system?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
I like it a lot. Great performance and looks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ran the hose/filter up into the frame to try and get the oil vapor smell to go away but now it is worse. Is there a place to run the hose where the fumes will be pulled away from the rider and passenger?

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
I ran the hose/filter up into the frame to try and get the oil vapor smell to go away but now it is worse. Is there a place to run the hose where the fumes will be pulled away from the rider and passenger?
You can run it along the down-tube of the frame.

·
Rider
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you for all your ideas and input Craig, this is what the tech in Sturgis did, short breather tube, the filter sits on the intake manifold, a fairly cool part of the engine. Its just above the top edge of the VooDoo Intake, easy to get to and maintain. No signs of oil in/on the filter so far.

voodoo.breather.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts