Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Take it too a good Auto Repairer and see what they can do to both fix and enforce it for you . Sorry it happens but if you can get it fixed cheap and match the paint no one should know any different.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
First thought.......... thinking out loud.

Could it be caused by fork walk(flexing)?

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2017 Roadmaster cracked just below the headlight around a month ago. I have 35K on it in a little over 2 years, similar to the other gentleman. My dealer submitted a claim and I found out yesterday it was rejected and I too have the extended warranty. My dealer also happened to notice that on the 2018 models it seemed like the area in question on the 2018 was a little thicker in that area. I will be bringing my micrometer to the dealership soon and testing it next time I'm there... More to follow...

·
Registered
970 Posts
Take it too a good Auto Repairer and see what they can do to both fix and enforce it for you . Sorry it happens but if you can get it fixed cheap and match the paint no one should know any different.
Geoff is right, a good resin guy can fix the crack a lot cheaper than a new fairing, of course I would give Indian a lot of free advertising as I have never cracked a fairing in 35 years of riding including goldwings, HDs, and Indians so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 2017 Roadmaster cracked just below the headlight around a month ago. I have 35K on it in a little over 2 years, similar to the other gentleman. My dealer submitted a claim and I found out yesterday it was rejected and I too have the extended warranty. My dealer also happened to notice that on the 2018 models it seemed like the area in question on the 2018 was a little thicker in that area. I will be bringing my micrometer to the dealership soon and testing it next time I'm there... More to follow...
I ended up getting them to post for 600 of the 1100 repair. After digging in more I realized my last service prior to noticing ihad my handlebars changed, I'm starting to think it cracked during that.

·
Bronze member
1,936 Posts
What is the fairing made of? Fiberglass is a lot easier to repair imo. Plastic, meh.

Reactions: Geoff-3
1 - 10 of 10 Posts