Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 117 Posts

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,657 Posts
Lawdy, lawdy. There sho’ be a lot o’ doctors on the big ol’ interweb! :eek:
The governor of Nevada just banned the use of the malaria drug outside of the hospital setting....Why? There is a shortage because doctors are writing scrips for themselves and family members.

·
Founding member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,657 Posts
I think it’s more to protect the stupid against themselves...
You mean the Doctors in Nevada are Stupid? The doctors are the ones writing the scrips using up the supply that normally go to people with lupus and arthritis

So now we can’t trust doctors?

The governor knows more about medicine then the Doctors, and the governor should decide who lives or dies?
That sounds like a political idea.

·
Senior member / rider
866 Posts
You mean the Doctors in Nevada are Stupid? The doctors are the ones writing the scrips using up the supply that normally go to people with lupus and arthritis

So now we can’t trust doctors?

The governor knows more about medicine then the Doctors, and the governor should decide who lives or dies?
That sounds like a political idea.
There are some politicians that are smarter than doctors. Just ask them, they’ll confirm it.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Btw, we know nothing about dosage even if it does work.
The dosage being administered by this Dr is in the OP, in the attached/embedded image.
1. Hydroxycloroquine 200mg 2x a day for 5 days.
2. Azithromycin 500mg 1x day for 5 days.
3. Zinc sulphate 220mg 1x day for 5 days.

·
Rider
709 Posts
Big "why?" for you: If it works, it only works to treat it, not to prevent it afaik. So if you don't have Covid-19, it's totally useless for you. And if you come into contact with someone who has Covid-19 later, you still get it.

unless of course, you already have Corona....

Btw, we know nothing about dosage even if it does work.

I'd be very careful.
Some Doctors are testing it as a prophylactic. It may work, it may not. Either way, there's little chance of harm.

BD

·
Bronze member
2,264 Posts
Hows about this....You, Nan & Chucky go 1st, then report back hmmmm? :)
Well, you did said you saw on the news where a couple cured their Corona virus with it.... right?

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
Journalist Celine D. Ryan alleges that Google deleted a paper on Chloroquine
Journalist Celine D. Ryan alleges that Google deleted a paper on the potential effectiveness of Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine from her Google Drive under ToS

You'll note it includes treatment guidelines from Chinese and Korean sources...
https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/doctor-t...vsx1K6ECd_GVCY

A physician in New York state claims he has used the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and zinc to treat 350 patients for COVID-19 with 100 percent success.

In a video posted on YouTube, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours, the Gateway Pundit blog reported.

Zelenko, addressing his message to President Trump, said he's a board-certified family practioner in the community of Kiryas Joel in Orange County, New York, in the Hudson Valley, about 50 miles north of New York City.

"I'm seeing a tremendous outbreak in this community," he said. "My estimate is more than 60% currently have the infection.

"That's based on the percentage of the tests that I'm getting back already," Zelenko explained. "That's probably around 20,000 people, probably more."

At a Fox News "virtual townhall" Tuesday in the Rose Garden, Vice President Mike Pence was asked by Dr. Mehmet Oz, the popular TV doctor, how the distribution of the hydroxychloroquine treatment can be accelerated.

Pence said "there is no barrier," explaining the FDA already has approved "off-label" use, meaning the drug used to treat malaria also can be prescribed to treat COVID-19.

The vice president said the administration is working with Bayer on increasing the supply of the drug at the same time clinical trials are being conducted.

"Doctors can prescribe that medication, which, as you know, is a perfectly legal malaria medication," Pence said.

Oz asked Pence if he would allow himself to be treated with hydroxychloroquine if he were infected with the coronavirus.

"I would follow the advice of my physician, and I would recommend everyone do that," the vice president replied.

'Game changer'

Oz has called chloroquine "the biggest game changer of all," with the potential of preventing the U.S. from "becoming Italy."

President Trump announced Monday that clinical trials for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine will begin in New York on Tuesday. He said 10,000 units of chloroquine will be distributed in the state.

Studies in China, Australia and France have found the combination of chloroquine and zithromycin treated the coronavirus within six days with a 100% success rate.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Monday night, Dr. Peter Costantino, the chairman of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, was asked to comment on Dr. Zelenko's reported results.

"I'm very, very optimistic about this," he said. "This is not a controlled study, but the number of patients represented by Dr. Zelenko is very significant."

Costantino noted there were no hospitilizations, intubations or deaths among Zelenko's 350 patients. As many as 40 hospitalizations would have been expected, he said, along with possibly two or three deaths.

IMG_3976.PNG

·
Rider
709 Posts
Journalist Celine D. Ryan alleges that Google deleted a paper on Chloroquine
Journalist Celine D. Ryan alleges that Google deleted a paper on the potential effectiveness of Chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine from her Google Drive under ToS

You'll note it includes treatment guidelines from Chinese and Korean sources...
https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/doctor-t...vsx1K6ECd_GVCY

A physician in New York state claims he has used the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine and zinc to treat 350 patients for COVID-19 with 100 percent success.

In a video posted on YouTube, Dr. Vladimir Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours, the Gateway Pundit blog reported.

Zelenko, addressing his message to President Trump, said he's a board-certified family practioner in the community of Kiryas Joel in Orange County, New York, in the Hudson Valley, about 50 miles north of New York City.

"I'm seeing a tremendous outbreak in this community," he said. "My estimate is more than 60% currently have the infection.

"That's based on the percentage of the tests that I'm getting back already," Zelenko explained. "That's probably around 20,000 people, probably more."

At a Fox News "virtual townhall" Tuesday in the Rose Garden, Vice President Mike Pence was asked by Dr. Mehmet Oz, the popular TV doctor, how the distribution of the hydroxychloroquine treatment can be accelerated.

Pence said "there is no barrier," explaining the FDA already has approved "off-label" use, meaning the drug used to treat malaria also can be prescribed to treat COVID-19.

The vice president said the administration is working with Bayer on increasing the supply of the drug at the same time clinical trials are being conducted.

"Doctors can prescribe that medication, which, as you know, is a perfectly legal malaria medication," Pence said.

Oz asked Pence if he would allow himself to be treated with hydroxychloroquine if he were infected with the coronavirus.

"I would follow the advice of my physician, and I would recommend everyone do that," the vice president replied.

'Game changer'

Oz has called chloroquine "the biggest game changer of all," with the potential of preventing the U.S. from "becoming Italy."

President Trump announced Monday that clinical trials for chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine will begin in New York on Tuesday. He said 10,000 units of chloroquine will be distributed in the state.

Studies in China, Australia and France have found the combination of chloroquine and zithromycin treated the coronavirus within six days with a 100% success rate.

In an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity on Monday night, Dr. Peter Costantino, the chairman of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, was asked to comment on Dr. Zelenko's reported results.

"I'm very, very optimistic about this," he said. "This is not a controlled study, but the number of patients represented by Dr. Zelenko is very significant."

Costantino noted there were no hospitilizations, intubations or deaths among Zelenko's 350 patients. As many as 40 hospitalizations would have been expected, he said, along with possibly two or three deaths.

View attachment 582086
I know you're just trying to educate them, and I applaud your efforts. Just not sure how successful you're gonna be . . .

I did this for 38 years and found that some people just don't want to learn. My biggest regret was leaving teaching having never found a way to get to them.

BD

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
I know you're just trying to educate them, and I applaud your efforts. Just not sure how successful you're gonna be . . .

I did this for 38 years and found that some people just don't want to learn. My biggest regret was leaving teaching having never found a way to get to them.

BD
Appreciate it. You are wiser than me. I do not doubt that there is concern for this virus, just not nearly to the extent of what so many portray it to be. So much has come out within the last couple of days even about how all the past models were incorrect & the death rate will be substantially lower than the previous predictions.

We are all frustrated, I get it. Prob. best I stick to talking about the one thing that brings us all here...& the memes of course.

Hope you're gettin some good ride time in with all this BD.
Stay safe.

·
Rider
709 Posts
Appreciate it. You are wiser than me. I do not doubt that there is concern for this virus, just not nearly to the extent of what so many portray it to be. So much has come out within the last couple of days even about how all the past models were incorrect & the death rate will be substantially lower than the previous predictions.

We are all frustrated, I get it. Prob. best I stick to talking about the one thing that brings us all here...& the memes of course.

Hope you're gettin some good ride time in with all this BD.
Stay safe.
Yeah, I'm getting out everyday, despite the "lockdown" in NC. It's amazing how far you can go when you need to pick up something at the CVS . . . .

In fact, there's a CVS real close to my daughter's house, about 30 miles away, I'll probably pick something up (for the two grandsons) there on Sunday ! ! !

You Stay Safe too !

BD

·
Rider
657 Posts
Saw on FOX that some dipshit died after giving himself a dose of some kind of fish tank cleaner. Yep, you read that right... fish tank cleaner. Apparently the cleaner had a name similar to the malaria drug referred to in the previous posts, but it weren't even close lol. The lame stream media jumped on the death story, and blamed the death on the Prez.

note to self.... do not ingest fish tank cleaner :giggle:
I do not have any pet fishes, I'm good to go hehe :p

·
Rider
756 Posts
21 - 40 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.