Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for advice on bike covers for my RM. This is my first bike with an antenna, so please excuse my ignorance. From the many pictures I have seen of covers, it never seems to address the antenna. Do I have to move or remove the antenna to put a cover on? Also, any recommendations on products is appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I tucked my antenna under my trunk. Carefully curving it inward, you can slide it right under the trunk, inside the chrome mount the trunk sits on. Had mine in their since maybe second week? Does not seem to affect radio reception, and it is out of the way.
Always thought the antenna looked like an afterthought, so curved under the trunk it went. Some people cut theirs, but I didn't want to do that, since sometimes antennas are a determined length to capture the radio waves, although with AM/FM/Weather, who knows.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have the cover that I got for my Vic. Fits my RM. The antenna has enough flex where pushing it up against the bike while putting the cover on is not an issue. Just make sure the normal position for the antenna is not sticking out at a 45 degree angle behind the bike as it may not flex that much. Be cautious when removing the cover as to not snag the antenna.

·
Rider
416 Posts
I got a Nelson rigg cover and tuck the antenna under the the edge of the trunk lid. I believe the cover came with a grommet you can install for the antenna to pass thru.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have a harley touring cover with no logo. It has a an opening that velcros closed to let the antenna slide through

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I am looking for advice on bike covers for my RM. This is my first bike with an antenna, so please excuse my ignorance. From the many pictures I have seen of covers, it never seems to address the antenna. Do I have to move or remove the antenna to put a cover on? Also, any recommendations on products is appreciated. TIA
Just tuck the top of antenna forward under the lid of the trunk. Many want you to put a grommet in the appropriate spot, but that kind of defeats the purpose of keeping rain out.

I have the OEM cover. It fits perfectly, has a zipper to access the truck so you dont have to remove the whole thing. Nice and strong. Tie down bungees included.

$169.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The Dowco XXL (or XXXL) cover that I was using for awhile had a Velcro strip that opened at the back to let the antenna poke through.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the Indian soft cover for my RM. It is made with a slit in the cover where the antenna is. The Indian cover for wife's chieftain does not have this opening.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,957 Posts
I replaced that long eye poking antenna with a shorty from Autozone and use the travel cover from my GW on the bike when traveling.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I still have 2 Victory Vision Covers that I bought fro my Cross Roads Back in 2013 they have served me well , great quality and no signs of wear or tear after 7 years they still look new ,the bike is always parked out side . The only issue is the Antenna being on the right of the bike .I have modified my antenna so it stands closer towards the trunk so when I cover the bike I use blankets push the antenna towards the front of the bike then cover it before putting the Vision cover over it.I asked about new Indian covers and they wanted over $230.00 AUD each I seem to remember back in2013 when I bought the two I have now they were around $175.00 AUD each. I have them noted on my insurance cover so if anything happen to them they would be replaced with the same quality .except they would now be the Indian full covers.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I have the factory all weather cover. I has a zipper with Velcro spot for antenna. My cover is half gray and half black due to sun damage after only one year. Going to find a replacement and keep in storage for when the original one falls apart. Its inside all winter so only one summer of use. I know, ride more is the solution.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
I have the factory all weather cover. I has a zipper with Velcro spot for antenna. My cover is half gray and half black due to sun damage after only one year. Going to find a replacement and keep in storage for when the original one falls apart. Its inside all winter so only one summer of use. I know, ride more is the solution.
My Vision one has the same Zipper and Velcro but it is on the wrong side. so the reason I push it closer to the trunk when I cover the bike. Works well and don't throw things out when they are good quality and work well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new OEM Indian cover that includes the seat cover, both include the storage bags. I converted my bike to a trike and obviously can not use this one. I will be at Niehaus Cycle Sales in Litchfield, IL, next Monday afternoon & Tuesday morning to have Scarecrow stripping the trike portion. (I am from K.C. area) Let me know if you are interested and I can bring it with me.
A $100.00 bill will buy it.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I have the Indian soft cover for my RM. It is made with a slit in the cover where the antenna is. The Indian cover for wife's chieftain does not have this opening.
My full size OEM RM cover has a Zipper for trunk access. Bought 2 years ago and it does not have an opening for the eye poker antenna.

It really does just tuck under the left side of trunk lid. Springs right back after months. I stow it like this at all times when not riding. Not just when covered.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts