Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
I don't know at what temp Harley shuts down the rear cylinder. My service manual might have that info, I'll check. Agreed, I would think 300* is approaching the danger zone.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
It would only be "counterfeit" if it bore a false brand or logo representing it as Captain Itch (or other).

Replica or Copy would perhaps be more accurate, and only a problem if he was violating either intellectual property rights or some kind of patent.

Edit: I see he used the Indian script logo - that would usually result in a cease and desist order from the Polaris/Indian legal department.
It would depend on how his patent is written. I would guess it includes being a flap designed to divert heat from the rider. A false logo would be copyright infringement I think.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We should be careful in thinking only one Craftsman can create something . If there isn't a patent or copyright issue then we should actually support alternative aftermarket accessories makers. Competition is a good thing. I don't think anyone wants to see one source for everything.

In saying something looks inferior or seems less than, without actual experience with that product serves only to damage the ability of a Craftsman to market his products. If the product is inferior the market will flesh that out.

Sorry for the rant, just hit a weird nerve that a product was being bad mouthes without true knowledge

·
Rider
387 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize the flaps moved upward at increased speed, hence my concern. Warm/hot weather my '12 Roadking will automatically shut down the rear cylinder as or when needed in stop and go traffic to aid rear cyl. cooling, which is a feature I like.
yeah - nothing like a (1) cylinder motor..... I rented a Street Glide in the Smokey Mountains that did that and it wasn't even that hot out.... Problem was the HD Dealer didn't bother to inform me of that "great feature" or how to reset it so I was more than pissed when I had to ride the POS for 15 miles back to the dealer and demand my money back...lol

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
yeah - nothing like a (1) cylinder motor..... I rented a Street Glide in the Smokey Mountains that did that and it wasn't even that hot out.... Problem was the HD Dealer didn't bother to inform me of that "great feature" or how to reset it so I was more than pissed when I had to ride the POS for 15 miles back to the dealer and demand my money back...lol
Interesting. Mine only cuts out the rear cyl during really warm/hot weather when at idle, like at a longish stop light. Soon as I twist the throttle, even just a tad, it goes right back to both cyls without even a hic up. Never had a problem with mine, but it does sound weird.

·
Registered
292 Posts
As you become older the satchel begins to sag. Preparation H sometimes will firm up the outer surface. Hahaha !
that is way too much information..... I saw bad grampa too

Reactions: Chief Signguru
21 - 27 of 27 Posts