Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
It would only be "counterfeit" if it bore a false brand or logo representing it as Captain Itch (or other).

Replica or Copy would perhaps be more accurate, and only a problem if he was violating either intellectual property rights or some kind of patent.

Edit: I see he used the Indian script logo - that would usually result in a cease and desist order from the Polaris/Indian legal department.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
I can't speak to Crotch coolers, neither Captain Itch nor Forged Glory, but his Indian helmet covers seem pretty cool.

helmet.jpg

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
He's a busy boy - lots of items. I would certainly think he is flirting with Polaris in using the Indian logo. Rather blatant about it, to be honest. And he's not shy about pricing. Might be why he only has 235 sales in four years, and yet has 128 items posted as of today.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
He's a busy boy - lots of items. I would certainly think he is flirting with Polaris in using the Indian logo. Rather blatant about it, to be honest. And he's not shy about pricing. Might be why he only has 235 sales in four years, and yet has 128 items posted as of today.
Good point, I think he's gotten this far by being small and flying under the radar, but if he becomes more well known, Polaris might have something to say about him using their logos. Maybe they will become high dollar collector's items like the Zambini tank emblems. Buy now!!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I will be making my own version of the "lower extremity, heat minimizing device" soon. Had thought about it last night. I'm going to do something that looks more like a Native American horse blanket.

Haven't seen Forged Glory version yet but as far as putting the word "indian" on something, take a look at the true type font used for Coca-Cola logo. Free download from web. Arial font is a good choice for the word "motorcycle". Just saying...

Edit: My device is going to be for my bike only! I am working on a theme.

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
It is a thick leather doohickey that prevents the jewels from becoming toasted from the rear exhaust pipe on the 111 engine.
Hmmm.... well, I'm not well endowed such that the jewels hang down that far, so guess I'm good for now.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The "cooler" keeps the inside of the thigh/upper calf from roasting especially if you are in high traffic condition where you are moving very slow with little to no air flow. With very little airflow the TS111 generates a tremendous amount of heat.

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
As you become older the satchel begins to sag. Preparation H sometimes will firm up the outer surface. Hahaha !
Well being a youngster of 67 years it's good to know what the future has in store for me as I age further :eek:

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
Just pondering here.... seems the crotch cooler might interfere with rear cylinder/engine cooling. Any thoughts...what say you??

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When stopped, the Crotch Cooler flaps are down, protecting your leg from the radiant heat of the exhaust pipe, engine and head fins. At speed, those flaps rise up from the wind and aerodynamic forces, and allow the air to flow perfectly. After 3 years, there are no problems whatsoever.

·
Silver member
4,824 Posts
When stopped, the Crotch Cooler flaps are down, protecting your leg from the radiant heat of the exhaust pipe, engine and head fins. At speed, those flaps rise up from the wind and aerodynamic forces, and allow the air to flow perfectly. After 3 years, there are no problems whatsoever.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize the flaps moved upward at increased speed, hence my concern. Warm/hot weather my '12 Roadking will automatically shut down the rear cylinder as or when needed in stop and go traffic to aid rear cyl. cooling, which is a feature I like.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize the flaps moved upward at increased speed, hence my concern. Warm/hot weather my '12 Roadking will automatically shut down the rear cylinder as or when needed in stop and go traffic to aid rear cyl. cooling, which is a feature I like.
The Indian has a "limp mode" built into its ECM programming at 300F but that is already pretty much cooking up the engine. If the RK does this at some lower temp and only on one cylinder, then I agree that is an elegant feature for sure!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts