Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the frigid North country and just bought a new Indian Vintage. Although I have never ridden it, the cost is eating me up. So many of my friends have been stopping by to see it, I have to run the furnace in the garage all of the time so nobody freezes to death while they are standing there looking at it. This thing looked so cool, I had to have one, even though I wont be able to ride it until next spring

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
20293 said:
I live in the frigid North country and just bought a new Indian Vintage. Although I have never ridden it, the cost is eating me up. So many of my friends have been stopping by to see it, I have to run the furnace in the garage all of the time so nobody freezes to death while they are standing there looking at it. This thing looked so cool, I had to have one, even though I wont be able to ride it until next spring
I think I can help you. Point the pipes under the door and run engine, she heats up quick. Close door when carbon monoxide gone. Repeat as necessary. Works for me. besides, my carbon monoxide detector wakes me up when I doze off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20132 said:
I think I can help you. Point the pipes under the door and run engine, she heats up quick. Close door when carbon monoxide gone. Repeat as necessary. Works for me. besides, my carbon monoxide detector wakes me up when I doze off.
This explains alot!

I had to, couldnt resist!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20293 said:
why did you buy it if you didn't like the price. Pull up your pants and live with it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Vision Nut...Sorry my attempt at humor went over your head. I was making a joke about how much it is going to cost me to keep my garage heated so all of my jealous friends can stand in there & look at my bike.

I have been to Mn. and found most of the other residents to be quite friendly & fun loving so I wont hold this against you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vision 1344, thats a great idea. My wife is in the garage keeping the bike running, I am on my way to Lowes to get a Carbon monoxide tester. Man, I wish the traffic wasnt so bad, I been stuck out here for about 2 hours. I tried to call her to tell her I would be late but she doesnt answer the phone.

ps for those of you that are a little slow: THIS IS A JOKE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
20293 said:
Although I have never ridden it, the cost is eating me up. So many of my friends have been stopping by to see it, I have to run the furnace in the garage all of the time so nobody freezes to death while they are standing there looking at it.

Charge admission and sell a few beers! I have been in places with worse scenery and paid $5.00 a beer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can i tell you guys down here in Australia the new indians are lot more than what you guys are paying for . Base model the classic starts from $29k and $35k for the chieftian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
20293 said:
[
thats a long time to wait to ride a bike :)/quote]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20293 said:
Vision 1344, thats a great idea. My wife is in the garage keeping the bike running, I am on my way to Lowes to get a Carbon monoxide tester. Man, I wish the traffic wasnt so bad, I been stuck out here for about 2 hours. I tried to call her to tell her I would be late but she doesnt answer the phone.

AND FREAKIN' FUNNY TOO !!!

Keep it fueled and ready, may get a break in the weather.. I just dont thionk I could wait. But then again, I am the idiot that rode around in the yard, in the rain the day I got my first bike home. (I was 12, but I would do it all over again!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's just something about the looks of those Indians. When I bought my '47 Chief I noticed the mileage on the old title was the same as the mileage on the speedo even though he owned the bike for 15 years so I asked the guy if the speedo worked. He said he didn't know. So I asked when was the last time he rode it and he said he never rode it. So I asked when was the last time he started it. He said he never started it - didn't know how. So I asked him why he bought it? He said 'I just really liked the way it looks'. Now that's brand appeal!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a similar problem. I was just out in the garage a couple hours ago showing it off. Had to walk thru 2 inches of fresh snow and only about 5 degrees at the time....but worth every second of it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Leem. I took your advice & started charging a $10 cover fee. Things were going good until 10 cops, 4 DHS workers, two INS people, 3 lawyers & 2 judges came busting up to the front of the line. They said they had heard I had an Indian locked up in my garage & they were there to talk to him. First of all I explained it was not a him, it is a HER, secondly I wanted them to know she felt great between my legs & now that I knew which buttons to push to make her react, I was not about to let her go anywhere without a fight. Needless to say that kind of talk brought out the guns & some gibberish about a guy named Miranda. To make a long story short, they busted into my garage by driving a Hummer through the overhead door & then spent about an hour in there doing their investigation. After they left I noticed they had drunk a case of my best Grain Belt beer, eaten some squirrell leftover from our Labor Day cookout & stolen my latest NAPA girlie calendar.

Merry Christmas

ps This is all FICTION ( a JOKE, LOL, HA Ha & all that other stuff)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
20293 said:

[/quote Dont know your location well but if I were Vic I would check Deerbrook mall in humble and then check Katy Mills mall and compare them to the price in Conroe before I decided on which detector to buy. Wait, wait, I just read that Indian and Victory both use metric sized fasteners so you will want to stop and pick up a set of Metric screwdrivers on the way home.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang, my XC is in shop today, so I guess I will have to grab my Key Fob for my Indian that I threw under the Christmas tree and ride that today. I hope it gets above freezing because I don't have all the cool heated things on my Indian that I have on my cross country. I am gonna hafta find a new Vic dealer too, what kind of dealer is not open on Christmas? Jeez.

Ok just putting it out there, I am joking. I will not look for a new dealer but the rest is true. Anybody have one of those first alert things in case I go down on the ice today that I can borrow?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts