Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought highway bars to put on my 2017 Scout ABS from my local Indian dealer.

When I place the lower mounting flange in place, the upper flange is a good 2" outside of where it should be to connect to the frame. (see photo)

The part number on the box is 2881756-156. The instructions inside say it is for 2015 and 2016 Scouts.

Did they change the design for 2017?

I can't reach anybody in the parts department at the dealer.

Anybody know if this is the correct part?
IMG_6253.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts
LOL...Sorry. The upper part straddles the frame and bolts from the inside. Also if I'm seeing this properly, the bottom goes against the bike frame which means unbolting the foot rest brackets.

·
Bronze member
5,077 Posts
The Indian accessory website shows the same bars for 2015 to 2020 Scouts, all models.

Here is a youtube video where you can see the guy had to remove foot pegs etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like you have reduced reach foot controls. You need to remove the foot control relocation piece too and then it will fit. Upper "U" channel should straddle the frame.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like you have reduced reach foot controls. You need to remove the foot control relocation piece too and then it will fit. Upper "U" channel should straddle the frame.
You are absolutely right. The previous owner must have added them. I've now put crash bars under the reduced reach adapters and they fit great. But I wonder if there are any potential galvanic corrosion issues from having the chrome plated bars in direct contact with the bare spots on the aluminum adapter?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even though I'm only 5' 6", I'm feeling a little scrunched with the reduced reach controls, and I want to see how it feels without them. I didn't get the OEM clutch bar from the previous owner. Anybody have one sitting around they want to move?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts