Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just checking with the experts here on the forum ( that is meant as a compliment ), I'm about to pull the trigger and place my order for the Progressive 444 shocks for my 2016 Scout 60. The correct shocks to order is the SKU 4247B, 11.5 inch, standard spring rate ( I'm under 200lbs. ). Is that correct? Hate to order the wrong part.
Gracias, thanks, and merci'.

·
Registered
52 Posts
double check this but i think 11.5 in is .5 in longer than stock. If you do that it will effect the way the bike rides. It may work in your favor but be warned it will change. Correct me if im wrong

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,058 Posts
That's correct 11.5 is .5 longer than stock. I learned that when I put them on. Buy i believe mine were the 413's. They still worked well though, as I like a slightly stiffer ride.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And so to keep the stock height, I need to go with the 11 inch.
And this is why I asked, thank you gentlemen!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's correct 11.5 is .5 longer than stock. I learned that when I put them on. Buy i believe mine were the 413's. They still worked well though, as I like a slightly stiffer ride.
Would you mind elaborating the difference in how it feels?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,058 Posts
Went from stock to these. No bottoming out, nice dampened rebound, even with a passenger. This was on my 2015, and I'm not a suspension expert, so I'm not sure about comparability with the newer model suspensions, but was very happy with the improvement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Went from stock to these. No bottoming out, nice dampened rebound, even with a passenger. This was on my 2015, and I'm not a suspension expert, so I'm not sure about comparability with the newer model suspensions, but was very happy with the improvement.
The new models still suck. Sometimes My brain hurts from the bumps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts