Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hummmmm......... My jury is out on this one!! I've studied these pictures over and over, and something just doesn't "trip my trigger"! I like the looks of most of Corbins' designs, but..........! Just sayin'!!!!!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
:confused: need some side work just too much plan, it's Indian not a Honda

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's got possibilities, but I'll wait to see what Indian comes out with. Until then, I have a leather bag with studs and fringe that looks better . . . assuming I ever get my passenger backrest/luggage rack upon which to place it. The Corbin looks a little small (would a full-face helmet fit inside?), so all-in-all I'd have to see it in person side-by-side with the expected Indian one before I'd spring the cash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wasn't trying to "slam-dunk" Corbin for their efforts to provide Indian owners with an aftermarket trunk! I was just looking at the shape, which has no continuity with the saddlebags, the absence of taillights or a third brake light, the mounting height, and the apparent lack of useable space. I'm by no means an engineer or designer, but I would prefer a trunk that has the lines of the bags that are directly below it, and that doesn't look like an aftermarket, generic trunk that was stuck on as an afterthought. This trunk is mounted so high, that it looks as though it doesn't belong, not to mention, that your contents' loaded weight could have an adverse effect on handling. This trunk, according to the pictures, could be mounted much lower which would address the visual looks and the usefullness. For safety sakes, take advantage of this added accessory to include taillights or a third brakelight. By reshaping, usability and continuity would be acheived. It looks as though the back half of this trunk space would only be good for very small objects that could be carried otherwise. I have re-studied the shape of the bags; there is no reason to have the trunk pointed! There is nothing pointed on an Indian!! Just my humble opinion! Whats' ya'll think??????????

·
Registered
9 Posts
IMO The saddle bags have no continuity with the bike. They look like they came off a Victory. Not a fan of them. Would rather have the leather covered hard bags used on the Vintage, That being said the Corbin works just fine with those bags.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep I agree, needs to pop and this does not quite do it. But I applaud anyone who makes the first effort, I debate whether I should put some sort of trunk on the back as I am the guy who carries everything and my buddies including my wife laugh at the crap I carry, when I mentioned it to them i was told NO.... I am not allowed to put more storage on this classic bike.................................... will see:)

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,817 Posts
Personal opinion here, but I think it would look much better on a Scout if you were building one for touring. Size wise anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts