Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a 2016 Scout and it still has the Stock OEM Seat. I do not find it comfortable at all. I am trying to choose between the Corbin Solo or the Corbin Brave saddle.

I was wondering if anyone knows besides the looks what the biggest difference is between them. Is one more comfortable than the other?

Thank you in advance for any advise.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I have a Brave on mine, but it does have its drawbacks.
It makes it pretty hard to have a passenger and it is hard, but not impossible to have a luggage rack.
As far as comfort, hands down is 100 times better than BOTH OEM seats that I have had.
Original and Extended reach seats.
Corbin Scout Tan.jpg

003.JPG

·
Rider
313 Posts
I have the solo seat, for me its much more comfortable than the stock seat. Slightly wider and the curve front to back is not as pronounced.
my_scout.jpeg

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have corbin touring in tan leather on mine with backrest, my wife & i took it out together this
past sunday(first time she has been on it), says the seats are very very comfortable and i feel
that they are too. very happy with my choice and for me they came in quicker then told and
no problem on order. thinking about getting corbins for my spyder.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Are you still happy with your Corbin solo seat? Does it push you forward at all? Is the reach the same as the stock indian seat?
When your dealing with a Corbin seat, it is NOT a one size fits all seat, it is custom built for you according to your riding style, your weight and other things that they will confer with you about!

They can move you forward,or back up or down any way you want when they build the seat for you.

So the questions above would most likely not apply to you since they were custom made for him.
They also have dozens of materials, leathers and vinyls to choose from.

·
Registered
180 Posts
When your dealing with a Corbin seat, it is NOT a one size fits all seat, it is custom built for you according to your riding style, your weight and other things that they will confer with you about!

They can move you forward,or back up or down any way you want when they build the seat for you.

So the questions above would most likely not apply to you since they were custom made for him.
They also have dozens of materials, leathers and vinyls to choose from.
I just filled out a Corbin quote order form through my local distributor in Australia. No questions were asked about riding style or fitment, weight or where the rider will be placed in relation to the standard seat. All the questions were in regards to colours and optons such as studs.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My Corbin solo with new rear shocks were a necessary upgrade. The solo sits me a little higher than the stock. It's also much wider, and that's where the comfort comes in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just filled out a Corbin quote order form through my local distributor in Australia. No questions were asked about riding style or fitment, weight or where the rider will be placed in relation to the standard seat. All the questions were in regards to colours and optons such as studs.
Do you mind if I ask where your ordered it and the cost?
Thinking of a corbin for my bobber.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you mind if I ask where your ordered it and the cost?
Thinking of a corbin for my bobber.
VPW is the Australian distributor and I am dealing with a Peter Wilson. I filled out and submitted my order form on the 24th of January and followed up via emails on the 5th of February and the 27th of February and Peter Wilson from VPW is efficient to deal with as he always responds but I suspect he is getting massive delays from Corbin as he hasn't been able to confirm anything whatsoever yet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So glad I got a Mustang seat - no hassles, very good tan match to existing leather accessories, much more comfortable than OEM seat, quick delivery from time of order.
Considered Corbin but more expensive and expected long delays. Happy with the Mustang especially on long rides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts