Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my heated Corban solo seat with backrest. Beautiful workmanship.Problem is the Indian solo luggage rack will not work with the Corban seat without major surgery.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was looking to buy the Corbin Solo w/ Pad as well. Sorry to hear about the luggage rack issue. Is it that the Corbin sits back further ? Also, how does it feel ? did it sit you back/forward or higher/lower compared to stock?
Appreciate any feedback.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seat is in the same position as the stock seat. The issue is the forward attachment point.The Indian rack is designed to use the pylon attachment points.The Corbin seat has integrated attachment points. but the spacing is way different.Physically,the rack will fit fine. It is going to require fabricating a new attachment bracket.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as comfort it is to early to make a definitive call. I love the backrest and heat. It sits about the same as the stock seat. The quality is first rate. So far it feels a bit firmer than stock.I believe it will be better as its broken in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wrugen, could you post some pics of your bike with the Corbin solo. Also, how does it feel on a long ride ? I desperately want a replacement for the stock seat, I'm not liking it at all after about 50 miles. I comfortably went 500+ on my Road King w/ Mustang seat. Thanks.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a 450 mile day. No problem.I also use a Alaska Leather sheepskin.Seat was great.The heat worked great through the sheepskin.

The Corbin website has pictures.

Other than the Stage 1 upgrade this is the best option you can get.

I am glad I upgraded.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm waiting for Sturgis and compare all the seat & exhaust manufacturers, who will surely show up with their creations for the new Indians. I just can't fork out this kind of dough without trying them out. Making a bracket for the Indian solo rack shouldn't be too hard once I find the right seat. It'll be a painful ride to Sturgis on this stock seat.. but I've had worse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased the Corbin two up touring seat. Love it. However, the passenger seat is larger than the stock seat which give so much more comfort for your ride. I did fabricate a backrest and luggage rack to fit the seat which is working out very well.

·
Founding member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No,listed the rack for sale. 200$, free shipping to lower48.

Just not worth the effort as the saddle bags have plenty capacity.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It looks like there are a couple different pillion seats from Corbins' web pictures. I got the solo seat with the small pillion seat (embroidered feather in it). It is a tight fit, but I got the Indian backrest and rack to work with it. Only problem is the Indian backrest doesn't match the Corbin seat. (I got Corbin to put gold welts in the seat) I absolutely love the heated seat. I like early starts to my day.

Regarding position, I am about 1 1/2" to 2" farther rearward and maybe 1/2" higher. This is what works with my 34" inseam. Rode 1600 kms in 2 days without highway pegs and was comfortable the whole trip. (Now I have the highway pegs and feel I am in heaven.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts