Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looks like their seats actually lock onto the bike so no need for the lanyard!! Not a huge fan of the backrest trunk. At least it's a start that we will have options.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heat is also available.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I think the black seat looks great on the red Scout. Plus the locking feature pretty much seals the deal for me. I want one!
Are they available now?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Good looking seat. I'll shoot them a note about height options.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My last seat was a mustang, and the labelling on it was quite subtle. I really like the look of the Corbin, unwanted someone else to buy one and tell me how it is first though :p

However, if I did get a Corbin, I'd be taking a seam ripper to the logo. I'll probably leave the feathers, they fit the rest of the bike, but that logo is rather obnoxious.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The Corbin looks great, and I am sure they are comfortable too (have had a couple). I was hoping they would come out with a duel seat that looks good (not crazy about the Indian passenger seat).

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Corbin looks great, and I am sure they are comfortable too (have had a couple). I was hoping they would come out with a duel seat that looks good (not crazy about the Indian passenger seat).
You hit the nail on the head for me too. I would love an upgraded seat, but I need the pax seat as well. The sissy bar from Indian is $500, which to me to outrageous and I won't buy it. I'm looking at Mustang's seats for the chief and they look to have some pax seat options with sissy bars, which if that's the case I'll be buying my seats from them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ronnie - I agree with most of your post - as I had a Corbin on my VRod and loved the fit but the 'logo' was very small and you had to look to see it was a Corbin. My hubby's Chieftain had a Corbin when he got it and we had to add an extra backrest. This is where I agree that their customer service sucked. They sent the extra backrest w/o extra stitching and when we contacted them no 'sorry' we screwed up - and btw you will have to pay shipping both ways to have another one sent after we get the wrong one back. We weren't ready to wait an additional 5 weeks for a simple backrest so he is living with it and it will be the LAST Corbin he will own. I do like the feather stitching that would be all I would keep too!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Ray, and others too, I want to apologize to you about my personal opinion!

It is NO reflection on you as a forum friends, so please don't take my opinion wrong!

I don't know if I could personally live with one of them on my bike... I hate that they put that gross HUGE embroidered logo on the side of the seat that is most exposed to the public!

When anyone has to pay that much for any aftermarket product, they should NOT be expected to by default, to voluntarily advertise for them in such a large unwanted manner for free!
If the product is any good at all, the customer will do the advertising himself!

The chrome buttons are just awful and Harley-ish looking trash and the shown seat pattern and some colors are as equally unpleasing to me!
I do realize they are offered as optional and can be changed.

And that "growth" on the Fugly huge backrest.... Well, aesthetic are important to me when no one is on the bike and no matter the comfort, overall the entire package goes against everything pleasingly aesthetic I like about the new Scout!

Basic design of the seat itself, is OK and the key locks are much better than OEM but on a scale of 1 to 10 factoring in the expected poor customer service and overall look.... I give the whole thing a very low "3"!

Not factoring in their customer service I would give the seat alone a "6"
and the other stuff is still a minus "3"

Sorry to report that I have such a low opinion of their product input on what this customer wants on a new Scout, but I will stand by my opinion!
I will vote with my billfold! :p
So Ronnie, don't be so bashful. How do you REALLY feel about Corbin...

·
Registered
332 Posts
I like it. Nice to know it has a heat option. $500. is a bit steep

·
Registered
582 Posts
I ordered a Corbin for my Chief Classic. Every-single-thing is an option. I asked that they stitch the Corbin logo without the feathers and that it be stitched in black thread on black leather. You practically can't see it as it is now, but thought it might be important to have on there if I ever go to sell the seat. I didn't ask, but Corbin might even entertain the idea of NOT stitching their logo on. They made my saddle perfectly .. fits me so much better than the stocker, and looks classy with the white diamond stitching on black leather.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I ordered a Corbin for my Chief Classic. Every-single-thing is an option. I asked that they stitch the Corbin logo without the feathers and that it be stitched in black thread on black leather. You practically can't see it as it is now, but thought it might be important to have on there if I ever go to sell the seat. I didn't ask, but Corbin might even entertain the idea of NOT stitching their logo on. They made my saddle perfectly .. fits me so much better than the stocker, and looks classy with the white diamond stitching on black leather.

Worth a try I suppose! :) Got any pictures of your seat?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Just got these two notes back from Corbin:
1.)
I belive a Gunfighter seat will be in the works too. Will ask on my
R&D department just to make sure
Solo seat cant really be moved back.Nothing really there to remove,
It can be a lil bit flatter to allow you to sit back some. Raising it
up wont be a problem

2.)
Looks like a Gunfighter seat was made already and should be released
on the site in a couple of days. This seat can be reworked to where
it sits you further back and up.
thanks
serg"

Looks like a Gunfighter might be in my future. IF I can't return my seat (mink oil treated) , I may have a new extended reach seat for sale cheaper than new :)

Reactions: TheDude
1 - 20 of 59 Posts