Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Read Only
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my custom built seat yesterday from Corbin. After I installed the seat on my FTR, I found the following manufacturing/fabrication issues. The white vinyl side panels are a different size from each other at the rear of the seat.

The seat covering is not centered at the rear of the seat and does not match the contour at the rear of the FTR.

I also ordered the Corbin logo to be stitched using white thread to blend into the white vinyl sides so as to not be standing out and taking away the theme I was looking for with this seat.

Waiting for Corbin's reply to correct these issues that I would never have expected from this well known manufacturer.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,846 Posts
Corbin is a good company. I expect they will replace it for you. I am designing new seats myself. It is very difficult to get it right until plowing through several mistakes. Designing the panels is challenging. This is a new design so I think they will realize it needs adjusting.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a Corbin which I loved years ago. They do make a quality product. But, recently I’ve heard a number of issues about their customer service. Hopefully you won’t run into this. Take a deep breath, have all your paperwork or emails ready, exercise patience and it should all go well. Good luck.

·
Silver member
4,832 Posts
Looks like the cover was installed a little krooked (which can be hard to get exactly right, with foam pressing against it)

·
Bronze member
1,956 Posts
Received my custom built seat yesterday from Corbin. After I installed the seat on my FTR, I found the following manufacturing/fabrication issues. The white vinyl side panels are a different size from each other at the rear of the seat.

The seat covering is not centered at the rear of the seat and does not match the contour at the rear of the FTR.

I also ordered the Corbin logo to be stitched using white thread to blend into the white vinyl sides so as to not be standing out and taking away the theme I was looking for with this seat.

Waiting for Corbin's reply to correct these issues that I would never have expected from this well known manufacturer.
Great looking seat but is not right...

·
Read Only
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I heard back late yesterday from Corbin rep, C.K., that they are willing to 'recover' the seat. However, they have not replied as to whether they are going to cover all shipping charges (to CA and back to FL). That will be the deal breaker if they don't cover the $130 shipping costs.

·
Read Only
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Corbin has agreed to cover all shipping costs associated with the repair/recover and will also give me some time to ride on this new seat to see if there are any other issues they need to correct before I send it back to them. The Corbin rep, C.K., has been very helpful and understanding of this issue.
Good to have a manufacture that stands behind their products.
Will post future photos of the repaired/recovered seat after it has been returned to me from Corbin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts