Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always appreciate when I can find these reviews when I am shopping, so I like to do them when I can for bigger purchases.

The width isn't the big difference. The lumbar support perfectly spoons your butt, which moves the rider back about an inch or two - not really noticeable in effecting your reach, but your ability to move back in the seat for your comfort is much improved.

The Touring pillion was a HUGE upgrade. As you can see, it is significantly wider and longer. Also, you'll see from the side profile below it is thicker. The wife was very pleased on our last ride.

Installation was not that great. The passenger pillion went in very easy, but the rider's seat was pretty difficult. It doesn't require any special wrench skills but the pestle that the seat sits on doesn't line up perfectly without some effort. At one point it was jammed in so tight I didn't think I was going to be able to get it back off! I uninstalled, bent some things, reinstalled and it was very very loose and could be rocked back and forth. Ended up removing the washer on the pestle and now it fits fine.

Overall, I am very pleased. For the price I paid, I wish the install would have been much smoother, but it's perfect now so I can't really complain.
Ordering was a breeze. Even with the COVID-19 thing, I still got it within two months.
They will call to confirm your order. Make sure you review the order form that they email you! Somehow the stitching on their logo was changed back to silver from black and they were able to change that back over the phone.
Only other note is you are supposed to get another email when it moves to production, I never got it, but probably an oversight related to the pandemic BS.

I wouldn't say you're going to run out a tank and still feel like you're on a lazy boy, but it definitely is significantly more comfortable than stock. There is more freedom to move in the seat to find a comfortable position, which does increase saddle time without ever getting you to the point where you are screaming inside to pull over. When you do pull over, all it takes is a few minutes to loosen up the butt and it's comfortable enough to jump back on without groaning. There were even times where just hitting a stop sign was enough to keep me going for another 10-20 miles. You won't be chewing up miles like the Chieftains and Street Glides, but for a Scout it's a world of improvement and I definitely think I could do a full day's worth of riding on this without hating myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always appreciate when I can find these reviews when I am shopping, so I like to do them when I can for bigger purchases.

View attachment 591341

The width isn't the big difference. The lumbar support perfectly spoons your butt, which moves the rider back about an inch or two - not really noticeable in effecting your reach, but your ability to move back in the seat for your comfort is much improved.

View attachment 591342

The Touring pillion was a HUGE upgrade. As you can see, it is significantly wider and longer. Also, you'll see from the side profile below it is thicker. The wife was very pleased on our last ride.

View attachment 591344

Installation was not that great. The passenger pillion went in very easy, but the rider's seat was pretty difficult. It doesn't require any special wrench skills but the pestle that the seat sits on doesn't line up perfectly without some effort. At one point it was jammed in so tight I didn't think I was going to be able to get it back off! I uninstalled, bent some things, reinstalled and it was very very loose and could be rocked back and forth. Ended up removing the washer on the pestle and now it fits fine.

View attachment 591345

View attachment 591346

View attachment 591347

View attachment 591348

Overall, I am very pleased. For the price I paid, I wish the install would have been much smoother, but it's perfect now so I can't really complain.
Ordering was a breeze. Even with the COVID-19 thing, I still got it within two months.
They will call to confirm your order. Make sure you review the order form that they email you! Somehow the stitching on their logo was changed back to silver from black and they were able to change that back over the phone.
Only other note is you are supposed to get another email when it moves to production, I never got it, but probably an oversight related to the pandemic BS.

I wouldn't say you're going to run out a tank and still feel like you're on a lazy boy, but it definitely is significantly more comfortable than stock. There is more freedom to move in the seat to find a comfortable position, which does increase saddle time without ever getting you to the point where you are screaming inside to pull over. When you do pull over, all it takes is a few minutes to loosen up the butt and it's comfortable enough to jump back on without groaning. There were even times where just hitting a stop sign was enough to keep me going for another 10-20 miles. You won't be chewing up miles like the Chieftains and Street Glides, but for a Scout it's a world of improvement and I definitely think I could do a full day's worth of riding on this without hating myself.
looks great!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks great and fits the tank profile better than stock too. I ordered a couple saddles from Corbin years ago and the customer service was top notch. Had them make a custom seat for my wife's Kawasaki and they took her inseam measurements and carved out a seat to help get her feet on the ground. nice company to deal with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very good.... and now I have big quiestion to Dean Speed, because I also ordered sissy-bar from him... and I also have corbin touring seat... And what I have got:
PEWB1D2-riQ.jpg
IMG-20200404-WA0014.jpeg

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow, that's odd. It's hard to tell in the photo, but it looks like Dean Speed may not have flared yours the same way as mine.
Yes, they not !

I contacted to them, cause they insured me that all fit well (with my touring sit).... but they ignored me ... Well it's hard to complained, cause I'am 4'600 miles away from them. And I can't do anything.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts