Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering shape/weight/storage size,total cost and your riding habits, what do you think? Long distance vs. day trip? What are your qualifiers? :confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
If your going to get a trunk, get one that will hold stuff.

the corbin is too small, and I dont really like how it looks on the bike.

will be looking to get the factory one soon

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have a corbin on my Chieftain, it does not have the capacity of the factory box I am guessing. You can still get quite a bit in there though and it costs 2/3 if what the factory one will as is my guess. The factory box is detachable and might leave a nice large rack in it's place, again I am guessing from looking at the pictures. I have had mine for 4 months and it was the only thing available at the time and it was already on the bike when I bought it. For the price of my decked out Chieftain I could have had a Roadmaster, I still would have needed to add the saddlebag guards though, both side and top, which are pricey, but what isn't for an Indian, I know Harleys are the same way.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I still wish I had known the Road master was in the works as I would have held out for that. I would have liked the larger trunk, yes it does look exactly like a Harley only difference it opens differently. Corbin will not hold one full face helmet whereas the Indian box will hold two. I can get my scorpion full face helmet in the corbin sideways, but not my Shoei. I think comfort wise the Indian box is nicer. I have not heard any complaints about corbin from s.o., but she wants me to get a RM as well. I inquired last fall about trading my black chieftain with 3k on it for RM which was as much as a RM at the time and told my bike and 7k, I couldn't justify that. So I didn't do it. I am going to retire soon and this might be my last bike. I can live with it and be satisfied really. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I would like to get the factory tour pack as well. Considering I do not do many long trips, I can't justify the cost.

·
Registered
532 Posts
you got a nice looking trunk....love the lines, seems to match the bike much better than the Indian version

happily married hetero guy
Ok, this really gave me a good chuckle... and you are correct about the added trunk on the bike in the picture... [happy]

·
Registered
958 Posts
one thing I didn't mention about my Corbin box is that it opens up sometimes when hitting a bump. Yes I have adjusted the lock all the way to the end even gone as far as elongating the slots to gain even more room, but it still does it every once in a while, usually ridng two up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I got my Indian trunk, mount and passenger pad for 2100.00 minus speaker kit. That's only 100 more than a Corbin with lots more space. I really had to work my dealer hard to get it for that. They do all my service and I bought all other accessories from them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got my Indian trunk, mount and passenger pad for 2100.00 minus speaker kit. That's only 100 more than a Corbin with lots more space. I really had to work my dealer hard to get it for that. They do all my service and I bought all other accessories from them.
I got my Corbin for 1700

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did they come down in price. They were 2000 when I looked at them. There is not enough storage space in the Corbin for my needs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
IMHO the Indian trunk matches the lines of my Chieftain much better, I do not care for the Corbin. The Indian version is significantly more expensive, but then again I also bought the Roadmaster heated seat in Desert Tan to go with the trunk as well as the chrome luggage rack for on top of the trunk.
No, it does not make a luggage rack when you remove it, that part is bolted to the trunk, it provides protection for the trunk when you take it off and set it down.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,818 Posts
Personally I think the Corbin goes much better with the Scout if you are looking to dress one of them up a little and want a light weight tourer. I'm still considering that as an option before I'm forced to a trike.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know how you guys think the stock tour pack looks better. The tour pack is square and everything on an Indian is rounded. If you look at the Corbin, it looks just like the gas tank. The Corbin is smaller but that not that much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts