Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good luck. I couldn’t get the Captain Itch on with my Corbin seat. Captain Itch was great with customer service and they were telling me to cut up the leather piece but ultimately I couldn’t get it on. It was too tight. I gave up. They did say I could send it back even if I had cut it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck. I couldn’t get the Captain Itch on with my Corbin seat. Captain Itch was great with customer service and they were telling me to cut up the leather piece but ultimately I couldn’t get it on. It was too tight. I gave up. They did say I could send it back even if I had cut it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the lady there was super cool. Thanks for the response! 👍

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
@SpringfieldTom
You have a couple of options. I found it a real challenge to get my Capt Itch cooler into place on a RM with a factory seat due to the thickness of the leather. I understand Corbin seats are designed a bit differently where they attach to the frame at the front of the seat. Which compounds the problem.

Options:
  • Trim the leather. I did. No photos handy, sorry. I enlarged the window that slips under the frame hooks very carefully with a box cutter.
  • Wet the leather (only the parts that need to bend), get it pliable and it will slide in easier. Found this out from installing lever control fringe and after loaning the CC to my wife for her CDH. The CC slid into place and the seat popped right on. No issues. Today, it retains its shape making it easy to remove and replace when working on the bike.
  • Get a cooler from Forged Glory. Theirs are much thinner than the Capt Itch model. BUT, they are larger and may catch more wind. Tending to flap a bit.
Forged Glory model below. Note his leather is thinner. I pretty much soaked this area (window) of his model when installing it. Much easier.

These will mold to the shape of the engine and exhaust over time. It helps to wet them -- I used Neetsfoot Oil on the backside. And, a small wire with spring to maintain tension so the don't flap.

Reactions: TPcreeper

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pictures wharf rat! Love it. I already have a captain itch under my stock seat now, so I really appreciate your suggestions. Especially the “wetting it first” part. I too did that with the lever fringe. I may have to do that little surgery too. Looking forward to the Corbin!
EEECC1B0-C7C0-448B-ADAE-7B1E713DBD61.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have my Captain Itch on my 2020 RM DH. You do have to push down a bit harder to get the seat to latch on, but it is doable without cutting the leather.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have my Captain Itch on my 2020 RM DH. You do have to push down a bit harder to get the seat to latch on, but it is doable without cutting the leather.
Thanks Mello! Would really like to keep the Captain Itch. Safe travels brother.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts