Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered one last week but it hasn't come in yet. I have a Chieftain and I am very curious to see if this new seat has the same issues with the quick release sissy bar as the RM touring seat.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just arrived for my 2018. No instructions and a bag of small parts.....fun. Yes...I waited until sufficiently frustrated to seek guidance (manlaw 11.02 section 05a). Found out you have to remove the backrest for the solo seat. Not happy with the fit (gap between seat and side panels). Otherwise, seat seems comfy. Need to put some miles on it....

·
Registered
80 Posts
so, just noted they now have a "Classic" Climacool seat. By classic, it means there are the metal "bullets" on the rear seat along with a leather "drape" that covers the gap (aka poor fit) of the seat. It is shaped more like the solo seat, and will look better. I did take a trip to the dealer yesterday and saw that the gap is on non cooled seats as well so looks like an oversight in changing the side panel vertical height to cover the frame or a decisions at some point to not make the seat sit at a point where it mates with the side panel. Go figure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks like you have the classic. The leather flap hanging down from the seat hides the gap. The seat I have does not have that flap.
beautiful ride by the way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts