Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have several bikes, always used the dealer rubber keychains, I went to Amazon, chose the black dog tags (choose your color) with the rubber protector set of Two $6.50, you can customize them to say 2018 Indian Scout Bobber Thunder Black etc., can do Two the same or each different for other bikes, I did 4 different ones.

Amazon.com : Custom US Military Dog Tags - Includes Two Personalized ID Tags Complete with Steel Chains and Silencers. 8 Color Options Available: Stainless Steel, Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Pink, Purple, or Red. : Pet Identification Tags : Pet Supplies

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,032 Posts
I have several bikes, always used the dealer rubber keychains, I went to Amazon, chose the black dog tags (choose your color) with the rubber protector set of Two $6.50, you can customize them to say 2018 Indian Scout Bobber Thunder Black etc., can do Two the same or each different for other bikes, I did 4 different ones.

Amazon.com : Custom US Military Dog Tags - Includes Two Personalized ID Tags Complete with Steel Chains and Silencers. 8 Color Options Available: Stainless Steel, Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Pink, Purple, or Red. : Pet Identification Tags : Pet Supplies
This is kind of morbid but I keep a dog tag tied to my boot just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve been looking for a key ring solution and decided to give this a try. Otherwise would have gone with an Indian logo key ring.. Only concern I have is for how much this might catch wind and bang around since it’ll be so light and rubber edges thinking it’ll be safe enough from causing any wear to the bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
5E4BD903-DDC2-41AA-B6AC-5C665D81253B.jpeg Yes the key fob with anything metal flies around and bangs against the housing. I use an all leather one, like the one on the left, no problem with it. The one on the right flies everywhere and the little metal medallion beat hell outta everything near by. Even though mine has a metal medalion on it, placement of it is critical . The one on the left seems to stay away from hitting any metal. Either of these key fob comes Hobby Lobby. Medallions and conchs come from Tandy leather stores.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the rubber around the tag will prevent any scratching, I will keep my eye on it

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I use the belt clip fob holder. Leather with a chain to the fob. It’s been on here before, Facebook etc

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
A82E33AB-2D2E-4776-9EBD-64B90E871069.jpeg
Here is some like mine. Similar but mine has a Indian headdress

1 - 9 of 9 Posts