Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends, I am looking for a brake light for my 2018 Bobber like the one pictured. I've been poking around but am coming up dry. Does anyone know of one in existence?

I am simultaneously brushing up on my geometry to figure out how to measure the required angle to see if any of the ones made for another manufacturer will work.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
I’m interested in this as well. I’d also like to integrate the blinkers into it as well and clean up the whole tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
1,068 Posts
Looks like a cool idea. Have you concidered contacting the manufacturer to gauge their interest in making a unit for the bobber? It's become a popular bike and they may be interested, never hurts to ask.

·
Read Only
48 Posts
I’d really like to email a company. What’s the best option for a vendor to start emailing? We should all email the best company and see if they would listen to us.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did this. It won't work. I used the exact light, a sportster style light. I wired it up which only allows you to use it as a running light, with no brake light capability. It looked awesome. I didn't take in to consideration the clearance. I hit a slight dip just riding through my yard, and heard a crunch. End of light.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just did this. It won't work. I used the exact light, a sportster style light. I wired it up which only allows you to use it as a running light, with no brake light capability. It looked awesome. I didn't take in to consideration the clearance. I hit a slight dip just riding through my yard, and heard a crunch. End of light.
You should be able to use it as both running and brake light using a resistor. Wire the running light wire to the LED's with the resistor, this has it slightly dimmed and then run the brake wire to the same line but without a resistor, this allows the LED's to light as their full brightness. There are some video's online that show how to do this, try googling single wire brake light, or something like that. I can't however fix the issue with it not clearing the tire with a hard dip :) sorry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts