Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this is a new model, many/most aftermarket accessories and parts makers and sellers have not added our bike to their fitment matrices. I ass-u-me most Chieftain parts will fit?

Post in this thread with parts/accessories (aftermarket/3rd party only) that you know for sure will fit - that way everyone can come and see what works on our bikes.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I bought a riders backrest and it fits on the Roadmaster. The plate holding the pad squishes in the back of the seat cushion a little bit. The installation instructions are not correct but if you have any mechanical sense at all it fits perfectly and I love having it. When I told the lady from the Mothership who called me taking a customer satisfaction survey that I had added a riders backrest she said they were not available yet. Honestly it fits perfectly. I will post a picture show it on the bike.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bought it off eBay from a dealer in Mississippi. Paid list price but do not remember specific price. It was same price as listed in Indian catalog.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I notice a lot of vendors are jumping on the Indian brand and starting to produce a lot of quality aftermarket parts for our bikes. They are embracing the Indian brand much quicker than they have the Victory brand.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I notice a lot of vendors are jumping on the Indian brand and starting to produce a lot of quality aftermarket parts for our bikes. They are embracing the Indian brand much quicker than they have the Victory brand.
Not quick enuf for me. Still looking for a few things.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't found many at all. :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not too sure about that.
Dirtybird has a few things.. but every vendor I've reached out to (Which is a lot) state that they have no plans to support any bikes other than Harley at this time. Kudos to John Shope, but he's really the only one making major parts for these bikes.
Still waiting on an Ape hanger bar for my roadmaster that's not a 500.00 4" lift from Dirtybird.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not too sure about that.
Dirtybird has a few things.. but every vendor I've reached out to (Which is a lot) state that they have no plans to support any bikes other than Harley at this time. Kudos to John Shope, but he's really the only one making major parts for these bikes.
Still waiting on an Ape hanger bar for my roadmaster that's not a 500.00 4" lift from Dirtybird.
Well, Kury has some stuff. All appearance stuff, but it's nice stuff. Mirrors, aux light trim, speaker grilles, etc. I'd like to see some PERFORMANCE parts though. Lloyd's needs to make some Indian cams, for instance...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ballgame...Had my dealer install mine and I asked for the strap to remain. They said it doesn't work that way so my strap is in the trunk for now. I pick up the bike next week. Was there anything special about keeping the strap on with the backrest installed? Modifications? etc...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts